Coil/electrical harness

Oldfart1stATV

Oct 29, 2007
Well heres one of those "nuances".

Of the three frames and wiring harness' I have, I have one wierd one. I am used to seeing the coil mounted with te bolts going verticaly into the bracket. The wire is attached to a spade type fitting and orange wire, black ground is on one of the bolts. Well low and behold, I have one that has a round type plug, like the type from the stator harness and the coil is mounted on horizontal bolts. Coils are the same and mounting space is same.

Just diff.

Anyone else come across this?

Was a little PIA as the coil I just bought had a perm. attached wire with the round connector. A little plier action made it work, I wasn't swapping the whole harness for a dam connector.

A

Yep seen it alot. The whole idea in mass production is to have identical products but that is not the case when it comes to blasters. Either way it's not a hard remedy to overcome the problem.

Yup

No to be sure, no biggy. I just expected more consistancy or maybe a year design change or something. Not some drunk Jap decided to weld the suckers on different on wednesday's or soemthing. At least they are interchangeable. The harness is no biggy, actually have one with what looks like a factory pigtail from round to spade, the other two, including the one on the ride is factory spade.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

Any thoughts on the Keihin issue?

A