Clutch question?

yes u have to drain the oil. this is done buy removing the 15mm(maybe17) drain nut..shoulf be a lil under a quart in there.

the oil is for the tranny.....the crank seal is behind the clutch....pop the old one out and tap in a new one.....did it puff a lot of white smoke

one seal is behind the stator the other is behind the gear that sits to the right of the clutch...next to the primary drive gear

the crank seal isnt behind the clutch, it is behind the gear that is attached to the crank shaft. U smoked the clutch because u ran it out of oil. maybe ur drain nut is leaking? maybe ur case halves are leaking? it would really run like sh*t if ur seal was leaking that bad..bog big time oil doesnt burn well..

u can do a leak down test but i doubt u have the neccessary tools,,,u have to air the cylinder up to 5-6 psi shouldnt leak 1 psi for about 30 min, or just change the seal..its cheep

yeah but i run lean so always have white smoke didn;t notice anyhting out of the normal

if you run it lean you wont have alot of smoke... statement kinda doesnt make sense to me..

one seal is behind the stator the other is behind the gear that sits to the right of the clutch...next to the primary drive gear

true but the only onne that can cause the smoking and oil missing is on the clutch side..

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderedblaster
yeah but i run lean so always have white smoke didn;t notice anyhting out of the normal

if you run it lean you wont have alot of smoke... statement kinda doesnt make sense to me..

sorry bout that meant to say rich don't know where my my heads at

MR305 i was askin murderedblaster about his clutch..says he has ct kit..just wondering...how the stocker holds up ...guess it doesnt!!lol