Clutch problem

bundyho1

Dec 29, 2007
Rustburg,VA
My used 2006 blaster that i just got, clutch isnt connecting untill im almost all the way out on the clutch lever.I have already adjusted the top adjustment for freeplay.Is it worth me buying a new gasket to try and adjust the clutch from the bottom or should i while im in there install a new clutch?please help

New?

Awful new. Yes to both however. Look at the clutch actuating arm just above the sprocket. There is a little mark on the case and one on the arm, they should align. See manual for pics in the DYI section. Otherwise yes, get a gasket pop that ***** open and adjust it. You can tell if it will work before you put the case back on. If it's fubar, then buy a new one. If you have the coin just buy another set, they ain't that bad.

A

P.S. don't forget about the lever adjustment you just made, undo it before you adjust inside.

Last edited:
So how can i tell if it will work before you put the case back on if the adjust will work?I have never done this before.But will try.

Testing

Not being a smart ass, but, put it in gear and push. It either bites or it don't. Again, check the manual, it gives the spec on the lever travel, the position of the arm and all. If it all lines up, you put it in gear and it bites (if you push it with no one on, the back tires usually skid and don't turn)you are probably good to go. For another, sounds like $35, you can have a brand set of discs, though, and probably be better off.

A

Thanks for all the good info.I asked someone that i work with and he also said something about the clutch cable,any way to check the cable to see if its stretched?..will try your sugestions tomorrow I:I

Last edited:
You measure the wear on the discs to accuratley determine if there is any life left on the clutch pack. A $29.00 clymer manual will help big time, but the $35.00 clutch isn't what I personally go with. We've seen to many failures with cheaper parts, especially brakes and clutches.

We have the manuals for $28.00 . Just friction plates are $44 and the whole kit from EBC is $83.00. I believe the Barnett is $114.00

randelator

Thanks for the info man,Hey i was wondering about that CDI box you put on your blaster 2003.Did you have to cut any wires to hook it up or did you just plug in the CDI box with the same cable on your blaster?Or did you have to rerun some wires for the yz 125 one?

Thanks for the info man,Hey i was wondering about that CDI box you put on your blaster 2003.Did you have to cut any wires to hook it up or did you just plug in the CDI box with the same cable on your blaster?Or did you have to rerun some wires for the yz 125 one?
it was plug an play ... i just dont remember the year of the cdi do!!!:(

Ok i did some more adjusting to the upper clutch adjustment and its alot better now.I did the put in gear and push thing and the rear wheels it would slide,so i think im ok.The guy i got this blaster from didnt do much maintence to this thing.Bolts were loose everywhere.Another thing the pipe leaks out of the head,i think thats a poor setup.Why 2 seperate parts.Has anyone tried to wield the 2 pieces together?