clutch problem help !!!!

juiceboxxx26

Jan 6, 2010
NYC
my clutch is slipping bad
my clutch basket exploded and i wasnt sure if the little ball bearing fell out or not so i put another one in. would that make it slip if there were two ball bearings in there?? inside the thing that pushes the clutch open and shut

Did you readjust the clutch after putting it back together? I would also make sure that you only have 1 ball bearing in there as well

A ball rubbing a ball is bound to give problems, besides making adjustment difficult, if there is any slop in there, one ball will tend to ride to the side of the other which will tend to jam and make the movement sticky.

A ball rubbing a ball is bound to give problems. "Lay off a sig quote Slick"

Dont want to sound like a defeatist, but if they wont fall out if you tip the bike on its side you may have to remove the other side and push them out.

When you put the ball back in remember to put some Lithium grease on ball and rods.

Magnetic mechanics probe, maybe a mag stuck to a small phillups screw driver. Did you follow directions for assembling clutch, not just throw them in?

How is your clutch slipping? (What is it doing rong)

^^^When you are riding and you push the rpm (torq) up or is it when you pull off ?

is it slipping a little or a lot?

I've always dabbed some grease on the end of the rod and slid it in and the ball sticks to it. Jeez this sounds SOOOOOO wrong. lol

I over looked this method of removing the ball, but only just a little dab of grease, just enough to touch the ball.

This may only work if the rod tube is free from grease.