clutch not engaging after rebuild please help

sikkendistrbed1

Dec 13, 2010
:-/I just rebuilt my motor mounted it ready to go but when i hooked up the clutch cable it pulls real easy if i put in gear and pull clutch it dont move. I have heard it could be a ball that goes to the push pin for the clutch. I did find a small steel ball on my work bench. Could this be it? Where exactly does it go? Is there a easy way to get it in or do i Have to split the case agian? Any help is appreciated:-/

you just have to pull the clutch cover, pull the clutch pressure plate off, put the ball in (with some grease!!!) and then put the pressure plate back on, then double check your adjustment

splitting cases not needed

Just thought about it all i rebuilt was the top end. I didnt even open the clutch side but the pin poped out when i flipped the motor so i don<t know where the ball came from. Does it go where the pin does? If so on the clutch side or crank side?

i would think it is possible for that ball to come out the clutch actuator side ???

but easiest to put back in the way brandoz said, then loosen the holding nut,adjust the rod in till it just touches the ball, back it off a 1/2 turn retighten the nut with locktite, check adjustment before buttoning it all up

I took the clutch cover off pulled the pressure plate greased the ball dropped it in the hole put pressure plate back on. Ive tried adjusting the screw in the middle of the pressure plate and the cable at the handle but either its real loose and dont work or its feels like its binding up and dont work. Any suggestions? This is drivingme crazy i havent rode it in probly 3 months.

I am downloading the manual posted by awk08 Im sure it will help with many problems. I dont have much experiance working on quads so any help i can get is greatly appreciated.

I give up. I cant figure it out. Im kinda busy right now but i should have some time in the next couple weeks. Im gunna take it apart and start from scratch checking everything to what the manuel says. If anybody has any tricks or tips please feel free to comment. I could use all the help i can get. Thanks for all the suggestions

Apparently after getting the ball bearing back in i misaligned the pressure plate now thats good but cracked the clutch cover trying to take out the oil injection. So still not riding but part on the way so it will be soon thanks agian for all the help