Clutch issues

the clutch ? is confusing.
does the kicker move freely when in neutral?
if not the flywheel magnets or stator migh be jammed up, or the crank/top end ect??
Yes when kicking over the bike in nuetral feels just like it should . Kicker is not loose feels like bike has compression like it should . Just when bike is in gear and you pull the clutch and kick it it wants to travel on you. And I'm not sure what happened I had it outside cleaning garage re arranging bikes and I started it up and pulled it in the garage and that's the last time she has started since

the clutch ? is confusing.
does the kicker move freely when in neutral?
if not the flywheel magnets or stator migh be jammed up, or the crank/top end ect??
Yes when kicking over the bike in nuetral feels just like it should . Kicker is not loose feels like bike has compression like it should . Just when bike is in gear and you pull the clutch and kick it it wants to travel on you. And I'm not sure what happened I had it outside cleaning garage re arranging bikes and I started it up and pulled it in the garage and that's the last time she has started since

Yes my original thought was electric this is why i changed the coil and cap and went through the grounds since it was the least expensive piece to change out but now I need to check stator and cdi and see what readings I get

search electrical threads section.
you can disconnect kill and key to see if it starts.
change plug /check the grounds again.
the most common electrical problem on here is the stator.
you will need a 10 dollar flywheel puller to even look at it:)

search electrical threads section.
you can disconnect kill and key to see if it starts.
change plug /check the grounds again.
the most common electrical problem on here is the stator.
you will need a 10 dollar flywheel puller to even look at it:)
That's probably going to be my next step . I've been reading all the comments on threads that resemble my issues and have tried the key removal the on/off switch removal even both . At this point I'll Go through it again if I have to lol just want it running again

Last edited:
if my blaster would not start this is what i would do in order.
1 change plug
2 clean the carb..especially pilot jet.
3 clean sand down the grounds/check for rusty wires bad connection. spark so on.
get some up close pics of your carb ignition coil ect./and we will tell what else is not so good :D

if my blaster would not start this is what i would do in order.
1 change plug
2 clean the carb..especially pilot jet.
3 clean sand down the grounds/check for rusty wires bad connection. spark so on.
get some up close pics of your carb ignition coil ect./and we will tell what else is not so good :D
Will do I'm at work currently but plan on messing with it when I get home

Reactions: speedyslyder
ok guys...had some time to work on the blaster this morning and have found that the connections are corroded and some have rust even when I cut the wire back some to get a better connection.. bike did try to start this morning so before I go any further my bike is a 2005 so would the wiring diagram work that another person posted on here so I can rewire the bike and get better connections and see if this is most of my problem. I'm just a little confused on the voltage regulator wire being connected to the red/yellow wire. Can someone that has done this give me a little heads up . Also say it'll work on a 88-02 so what's different about the newer models. I'll post the picture I saved of the diagram
image.jpg

Ok found the oem wiring harness diagram . Do you know if anyone has made one eliminating the tail light, cluster on the handle bars and the key and just added a kill switch? This bike already has a lot of unnecessary wires just hanging around Id like to eliminate. Would just like to have the kill switch,Voltage regulator, stator, coil, and cdi

follow the wires from the taillight and take them off the sources.

remove the key

its pretty straight forward to modifying these simple harnesses

Found out my source coil is shot . Going to be ordering one today. Also have a question about my wiring harness. I went through it and took off the rear light wires and cleaned everything up . But had a question about the yellow and black wire out of the cdi the previous owner has grounded this wire is this correct or not . I'll attach photo of wire setup
image.jpg

it look's right to me from image anyway
the voltage regulator has a blue wire built in it/and a black ground wire attaches to the frame and one of the screw holes,but it will still start if it is bad,just blow your headlight bulb everytime you rev it at all:)

what source coil are you getting/or how did you find that out?

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

Last edited:
it look's right to me from image anyway
the voltage regulator has a blue wire built in it/and a black ground wire attaches to the frame and one of the screw holes,but it will still start if it is bad,just blow your headlight bulb everytime you rev it at all:)

what source coil are you getting/or how did you find that out?

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/
After I cleaned up the harness I went through and read section 7 of the service manual and did a step by step ohm test again and the source coil I got no reading. Everything else checked out. And not sure on source coil. I usually stick with OEM so I will start to look for that first. Do you recommend a different one?