Clutch issues

Redblaster

Feb 19, 2015
Washington
Need some help with a issue that's come up. I got this blaster and bike has ran good and haven't had any issues till now.Recently could not get bike to start. Replaced coil and cap. Still no luck. But yesterday I noticed something was off in a different area. Buddy had the idea of wanting to pull start it. This is when I noticed when the bike is in gear and you pull the clutch the bike will not roll freely . So my question is when the bike is in nuetral and I engage the clutch but it's not working would this cause the bike not to start. Is there a feature on these bikes if the clutch isn't engaged it won't start. Really lost at the moment and need advise before I start to open the motor up to investigate. Thanks

There is no feature on the clutch that will cause it not to start.

It could be out of adjustment.

Have you replaced the spark plug?

Do you have any spark at all?

Have you checked the grounds?

Checked the grounds and replace coil and cap and no spark . I was just curious if this issue I'm having with clutch would for some reason cause bike to not start . I get ohm readings off coil but still doesn't spark I'm just at a loss. Been chasing my tail for about 5 days with this bike ... Round and round and round .

Next will be to pull motor out and inspect all wires and stator and cdi and open up to see what's going on

Is the TORS still fitted?[/QUOTE
No tors. The gentlemen I got it from said its bored out to 250 and let me know it runs off 110 besides that I got it the way it sits. Bike was running great pulled it into the garage to change trans oil and that's where it's been ever since could not get it started anymore. Picked it up for the 13 year old to get a little more ride experience

you should consider doing some more work than replacing the coil and cap.

get a leak down tester and test the engine.
do a compression check
if you have an air leak you could take off the head and measure the bore size.
your blaster is probably bored .050 over. commonly mistaken for being 50cc more. when its really 1-2cc difference

if you have compression under 150 you do not need race fuel, pump 93 would do well enough

Reactions: Awk08
you should consider doing some more work than replacing the coil and cap.

get a leak down tester and test the engine.
do a compression check
if you have an air leak you could take off the head and measure the bore size.
your blaster is probably bored .050 over. commonly mistaken for being 50cc more. when its really 1-2cc difference

if you have compression under 150 you do not need race fuel, pump 93 would do well enough

Thank for advise will do this first to get an idea what compression is at. And go from there.

Stupid question I know, but did you use the old plug, or by shorting the plug lead to the case/head/cylinder?

If the former, the plug may be at fault!

did you ever follow through with your on/off switch removal thread??
That's going to be next once I get the bike running again. I don't want to remove anything until I can figure this no firing issue. But yes it will be done for safety reasons for the kid.i think a kill teather would be best

what did you notice was off in a diff area.?
compression fuel air/spark/spark at the right time......KABOOM
id be chasing electrical if compression is good and its getting gas

Last edited:
the clutch ? is confusing.
does the kicker move freely when in neutral?
if not the flywheel magnets or stator migh be jammed up, or the crank/top end ect??