Clutch issues!! Please help

Quadrunner101

Mar 20, 2016
I have an 05 Blaster 200 stock, when you first started up while the engine is still cold if it is in gear while you're trying to start it and holding the clutch each time you kick it over the quad kind of jumps forward a little bit. And when you put it in neutral it starts no problem but if you hold the clutch and put it in gear the quad slightly jumps. If you hold up the back end of the quad while running and in gear holding the clutch the rear tires will still spin. How can I adjust this? Or are these signs that my clutch is going bad?

When it's cold. On the first start up. I hadn't had it during the summer yet to feel how it runs on start up when it's hot out.

Yep, normal. I always cold start in neutral for this reason, not good to warm it up holding the clutch in. No matter what piston you have, should ALWAYS warm it up before jamming on it. It will last longer.

Reactions: Quadrunner101
Yep, normal. I always cold start in neutral for this reason, not good to warm it up holding the clutch in. No matter what piston you have, should ALWAYS warm it up before jamming on it. It will last longer.
Awesome thank you! I have an 05 blaster, are the three wires.that are in the rear next to my oil tub ground, tail light and break light???

Sounds about right. Should also be wire to tank if still equipped.
Yes, I can verify since I've been messing with my light this week. There should be a running, brake, and neutral for the light and 2 wires (if i'm not mistaken) for the oil tank.

I have a similar result with my blaster. Doesn't start well in gear with clutch so I always start in neutral and I have a brand new clutch in mine. You shouldn't have to worry unless its trying to move while clutch is in and you hit the throttle or if it dies when you put it in gear with clutch in.