Clutch is extremely loose (doesn't work)

boughtmeablastr

Jun 22, 2014
So I bought a 2006 raptor 350 today for a great price. It drives strong and everything is in decent condition except the clutch.. It doesn't do anything. The guy who had it didn't know much about fixing them and always just rode without it and thought it just needed a clutch lever (it had a banshee lever on it). But it is clearly not a problem with the lever to me, the lever pulls the clutch all the way with very little tension (I can move the clutch on top of the case with my just my finger... It feels like its doing nothing). I don't know much about clutch repair as I've never torn one down. Anybody know what this is before I tear it apart and order every clutch part in the Yamaha inventory? Thanks alot for your help.

Yes I've tried but it doesn't really matter how tight I go I don't think it's a matter of slack... I can move the thing on the too of the case that the cable pulls with my finger. Maybe 1 lb of tension.

Edit: now I feel dumb. You were right Harley, it just needed tightening... It being a warrior cable it was just way too loose and wasn't actually pulling any clutch, I had tightened I it earlier but it turns out I needed to actually shorten the cable a bit. Got it working! Thanks a bunch

Last edited:
Reactions: undergroundart