Clutch handle

Billyblaster

Feb 26, 2016
Ok so have a post in miss. Got lil figured out well replaced the clutch with kit now not getting any play in clutch it's not engaging or something.troubleshooting help

did you replace the clutch? did you adjust the clutch properly? here is a video from Ken with how to properly adjust the clutch when installing a new kit! Start the video around 14:09 with instructions

Also, you WILL NOT be able to turn that lever that comes out of the case by hand, need a pair of pliers or hook up the cable to test it.

But yes replaced clutch n gasket. kickstart started acting ceased or feeling that way anyway wonce put back together and clutch level just waznt doing a thing for engaging gears

But yes replaced clutch n gasket. kickstart started acting ceased or feeling that way anyway wonce put back together and clutch level just waznt doing a thing for engaging gears
Are the two dots on the left side of the engine lined up like this, if not that's your problem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 630
Ok so went back through did clutch to spec and adjusted the cable like buddie shows in post above. I get lil more but still not enough pull n play on clutch handle and seems to be doing what it's supposed to on pressure plate and clutch basket area. So when I go to kick-start it from feels like something is binding???

Also did you replace your push rods and the little bb looking ball bearing? If not that's probably your problem
If I'm missing the bb will that f*ck it all up n no did not replace rods prob only thing didn't do clutch seems OK but kick start seems to be binding or something feeling like that I'll check vids now n see if I did what's on them let ya know shorty

If I'm missing the bb will that f*ck it all up n no did not replace rods prob only thing didn't do clutch seems OK but kick start seems to be binding or something feeling like that I'll check vids now n see if I did what's on them let ya know shorty
ok this cover has a lil sliver missing it seems if u can see it would that affect

Attachments

• KIMG0138.JPG
    KIMG0138.JPG
    609.9 KB · Views: 141
check for the ball bearing for sure. But also, the clutch doesnt move as much as you think! maybe like 1/4 IF THAT.

If you took the basket off make sure you have replaced it with the correct washers behind the basket!

Or sure tomorrow anew day I'll get back to y'all
You definitely want to replace those rods! If they're worn or squished beyond the limit that will screw everything up and resulting in you having to split the cases sooner or later, I'll bet that you have the ball welded to one or both of the push rods. To replace the push rods drain the oil, take the clutch cover and pressure plate off, tip the quad on its side stator side facing up and the clutch cover facing down, make sure to tiurn your gas, then just take the stator cover off and use a rubber mallet and tap on the side housing for the clutch actuator. The vibrations should make the rods come out. If that doesn't work just use an electric sander without any sand paper on it and tape it around the clutch actuator with the vibrating side down, wait over night and it should have made the clutch rods out, but I don't think you'll need to do that, I used the rubber mallet, took about a half out but it was worth it.

Last edited: