Clutch Cables?

Thatblueblaster

Dec 23, 2016
Hi everyone! Quick question, I have had my blaster for quite a while now and for some odd reason I keep snapping clutch cables. I have no idea if it is just the brand or if there is something else wrong. Has anyone else ever had this problem? (I keep buying motion pro clutch cables and they only last about a year 2 years MAX) Thanks!

i had one break on me in practice for a race/track that i never raced at before as well.
if the bracket is present at the cylinder head were it pivots
the clutch perch and lever are not burred up or sharp
and it is cable is routed correctly it should not break that easily.
WHERE is it shredding it self at,lever, actuator? WHERE?

i had one break on me in practice for a race/track that i never raced at before as well.
if the bracket is present at the cylinder head were it pivots
the clutch perch and lever are not burred up or sharp
and it is cable is routed correctly it should not break that easily.
WHERE is it shredding it self at,lever, actuator? WHERE?
The cable is breaking right at the lever every time and I know its routed correctly.

You should always make sure to have some slack in your clutch cable. Most people think running them tight is correct. However that's when they break. With a properly adjusted and lubed cable you should have no issues breaking cables.

You should always make sure to have some slack in your clutch cable. Most people think running them tight is correct. However that's when they break. With a properly adjusted and lubed cable you should have no issues breaking cables.
Ok I don't remember if I had it tight or not I heard that the gap between the perch and the lever should be able to fit a penny in it and thats is how you adjust it. should the gap be bigger?