Clutch Cable routing

hey guys...
soooooo i was trying to figure out why my clutch handle was damn hard. i did some checking and it's not even laying in the right cable routing spot. So i tried to re-route it to where it goes....
When laying in the right spot, it comes up a little bit short at the handle (maybe 1/2 inch to short to put in the handle). I tried loosening the nuts down by the case, moving the handle around..nothing works. but not only is it short that way but it also lays on the front side of the Toomey B1 pipe as well. burning through the rubber coating on the cable.
The way the guy had it routed, it went up above the pipe, through the handlebar loop to the handle, no problem just real hard and i still have to zip tie it up because even here it lays on the TOP of the pipe...
So one way lays ontop of the pipe and gives me a HARD handle, the CORRECT way the cable lays on the front side of the pipe....
WTF?? HELP!

*Will get some pics for you guys tomorrow when the sun comes up*

Is it possible he put the wrong clutch cable on it? Also, where should i have the adjustment set on the part that is located at the bottom of the head (two nuts on the rod with the cable through it) ???
And where EXACTLY should i have my cable routed, and WHY is it hitting my pipe??????
HELP HELP HELP!!
Thanks in advance

you do know that cable routing is covered in the manual ??? if you dont have it, it's here................
http://www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf

and if that dont work, pull the cable off and get a measurement, i have 2 used spares here, maybe ones longer than what you have ??????????

OK guys sorry i didn't get to work today. Heater core was out in the camaro so i had to that today. Turned out, had to do it twice! First one i got was leaking so i had to go back and get another one and redo almost everything :) fun fun
First thing tomorrow i'll get some work done and update
Thanks to everyone in advance for your help once again

you sure your getting it connected right down at the bracket on the base bolt......
slding the rubber boot and getting the metal sleeve into the bracket ???
maybe a dumb ? but had to ask

OK so i got out and took some pics. Well first we got fresh rain last night so i went and got a little muddy first.
I snipped the zip tie holding the cable up so i could illustrate the problem better
Clickable Thumbnail pics....

routed now:
lays on pipe: Then up through the bars: To the handle:

Now, when routed properly (as per yamaha)...
go through this loop: And up to the bars but the cable hits the pipe here: And still comes up short of going in the handle and being adjustable and right

Last edited:
never seen a blaster clutch cable like that.

that's either a weird aftermarket one, or someone's been hackin!

!B+wI0dgCWk~$(KGrHqJ,!g4Ezd9iqNZ4BN!pnPrnFg~~0_12.JPG

brandoz is correct, the cable you have now is not a stock blaster cable, nor an A/M one from my experience, i just got a motion pro one (it says it on the casing) from another member, and it has the same slip joint at the bottom as shown in brandoz pic, no nut adjusters, i think my old 200x had an adjustable like that ???
and yes i have a few cables layin around, i could donate one
lemme see next time i get to my moms where my garage is
pm me, with your shipping info too, so i can add you to my "active deals list"
us old farts need a daily reminder, baaaahahahaaaa