Cheap paint job on my truck

2g00d4u

Apr 22, 2010
Smithville, ON, Canada
Well since I bought a cheap ford ranger that I don't want to put a lot of money into and just want to drive it places, it has a lot of surface rust around the wheel wells and on the base of the cab, I was thinking as a cost effective way to paint the truck and make it tough, rust resistant, and look good, I could paint it with bed liner as a pose to normal paint. I have a set of luggy tires and some good chrome trim parts for it that I also picked up cheap so I figure this paint job with bed liner will make it all look good without spending so much to get it normally painted.

you guys think its a good idea?

I wouldn't do the whole thing in it unless it's an ugly trail rig. if you use good bed liner, it'll never come off if you change your mind later

got a spray gun and compressor?

gallons of rustoleum and some mineral spirits based paint thinner, and you'll be in business. if you do it right it lays down pretty well.

you can also do it with rollers and wetsand between coats

got a spray gun and compressor?

gallons of rustoleum and some mineral spirits based paint thinner, and you'll be in business. if you do it right it lays down pretty well.

you can also do it with rollers and wetsand between coats

Yea i got a paint gun and a compressor, thats how i would be applying it, but where can i get good quality bed liner that can be sprayed like that?

I dont know what options you have to get it up there but ive done plenty of cheap long lasting tough paint jobs in good old enamel (TRACTOR PAINT) its like 40 bucks a gallon at rural king or farm and fleet here then if you care or really want it to shine buy a 10 dollar quart of duplicolor clear coat from the autoparts store and clear it.Just make sure the enamels fully cured.

Thats what i do on offroad vehicles and some street vehicles.I had an old 92 thunderbird i bought for next to nothing threw a cheap paint job on it and resold it for 3500.The best part was i had less than 200 in it including fluid changes cleaning it up and repainting it and its still going strong and looks great.Some kid bought it for a first vehicle and is still driving it and we have some salty ass roads here.