Chain size

GIXER7502006

Mar 3, 2011
LEHIGH ACRES, FL
Just ordered and got a chain, gear set, i:i the chain is a 520 and that seems pretty heavy for the quad, now my gixer yea i could see, but it just seems to heavy
i did get the 14 tooth also, cant wait to feel the difference :d i hope i get to use 1st gear now b)

Mainly got the 14 cause i dont even use first gear, i start off in 2nd
imo it is way to short and when i get my pipe and a few other goodies, i might even go down 2 in the back

thanks for yur help

You have 20" tires with stock 13/40 gearing? Of course your gearing is short... the tires is a full 7 inches shorter.

The blaster does have a fairly short first gear from the factory...

Going with a 14 tooth front sprocket will not require you to add chain length unless the chain is brand new (not stretched any at all). If it IS brand new, you should have bought a chain set (both sprockets and the chain) to make sure the chain was long enough...

I bought the chain n gears kit and the 14 also cause they wount sell the kit with a 14

so am I gona need to add a link also :( that dont make me happy

the tires from the factory was only a 21 right so I only thought i lost an 1 inch

I bought the chain n gears kit and the 14 also cause they wount sell the kit with a 14

so am I gona need to add a link also :( that dont make me happy

the tires from the factory was only a 21 right so I only thought i lost an 1 inch

The Diamater is 1 inch different, but diameter is not relevant to your speed, it is circumference that's important.

Circumference = (2)(3.14159)(Radius)

Radius = (1/2)(Diameter)

(2)(3.14159)(10.5) = ~65.97 inch circumference on 21 inch tires

(2)(3.14159)(10) = ~62.83 inch circumference on 20 inch tires

65.97-62.83 = ~3.14 inches difference in circumference between 21's and 20's

I think when he said 7 inches difference he may have used the diameter where the radius should have been. But either way it makes a more significant difference that just 1 inch per revolution.

You can plug your sprocket sizes and tire size into this handy calculator to find the change in speed at each gear. It was made by another member, I just noticed it in a different thread....

Gearing Calculator

The Diamater is 1 inch different, but diameter is not relevant to your speed, it is circumference that's important.

Circumference = (2)(3.14159)(Radius)

Radius = (1/2)(Diameter)

(2)(3.14159)(10.5) = ~65.97 inch circumference on 21 inch tires

(2)(3.14159)(10) = ~62.83 inch circumference on 20 inch tires

65.97-62.83 = ~3.14 inches difference in circumference between 21's and 20's

I think when he said 7 inches difference he may have used the diameter where the radius should have been. But either way it makes a more significant difference that just 1 inch per revolution.

You can plug your sprocket sizes and tire size into this handy calculator to find the change in speed at each gear. It was made by another member, I just noticed it in a different thread....

Gearing Calculator

Hi Guys
I am from South Africa and love my 2 stroke demon ..... :)

I just put on a atv race DID 520 chain and 14 tooth front and 40 tooth rear...
Stripped bike to do some plastic work, so have not ridden it yet :(
The rear tyres are 20X9X8
The front tyres are 21X7X10

From what I read I think this the best combination ?