chain roller problem

readytorip24

Jul 15, 2013
northeast ohio
heller, im having trouble replacing the chain roller because anything i try i cannot get this bolt out
i already have the nut off i just cant get the bolt to slide out enough to replace the chainroller. Oh and by the way, its the one that holds the swingarm on right above the foot peg.
any feedback is appreciated;)

That bolt can be a bar steward to get out.

Heat, sweet oil and a little elbow grease applied with a FBH may have to be used.

when i do that one, i have someone hold the rear off the ground by the bumper, and i remove the bottom shock pin, so nothing is putting pressure on it.... helps quite a bit.

The swing arm bolts have been known to seize when not properly maintained and/or greased ... I know from experience, when I replace my swingarm bearings I had to use a punch, a hand sledge and some force to get the bolt out. DO NOT hit the bolt directly with a hammer as you will most likely ruin the bolt/threads, I found the punch between the bolt and the sledge hammering to work quite nicely with no damage. When you do get the bolt out make sure you thoroughly clean the inside or the swingarm and bolt, and generously grease the bolt as well as the inside of the swingarm before replacing it to prevent this problem from reoccurring !

I've done this two times, and one time, the bearings were still good and It was just a mild sticking and everything went back together and worked fine. the 2nd time was on another blaster and it was rusted in there and I replaced all the bearings and seals.

There was some posts here, that showed how to add a grease fitting. I thought that was a niftty thing to do or think about doing too.

I didn't do it, but sure did make sure I got greased in there pretty darn good.

Sporty