Chain Question

if you just ask for a 520 o ring chain and dont say what bike it's for, it comes like 100+ links and has to be cut to fit, i got a "d.i.d" chain like that once

Last edited:
I think I will just use my stock chain for fitment and compensate for stretch and see how many more links ill need and then order a chain around that size.

Thats just it, I want more bottom end. I may just use the rear 44t and call it that and maybe one day try the 14t combo and give some feedback of my results. If I don't like it with the combo i may sell the 14t.

Well I just completed the Banshee axle swap and got my 44t and 14t in the mail. Now I'm looking for a +3-+4 swingarm. Anyone got one they wanna sell? I know they got them on ebay for $200 and if i have to I'll go that route...but I'd gladly support a forum member by buying theirs rather than from someone that's not here.

Pics....here is what it looked like after the Banshee axle swap:

IMG_8577-1.jpg

IMG_8579-1.jpg

IMG_8581-1.jpg

even with a 14t on the front i have never had a prob, ripping ass up hills.......once 3rd gear power band hits.........its hold on time.......but ive never had an issue

even with a 14t on the front i have never had a prob, ripping ass up hills.......once 3rd gear power band hits.........its hold on time.......but ive never had an issue

LOL....look in your sig at the mods you got vs a stock blaster like I had....well that will no longer be an issue because the engine is getting reworked and I'm gonna have that +3 swingarm in the rear....so I should have no issues with stability anymore OR power...

Yeh I'm keeping the 14T front...may as well have 2 new sprockets even if it does put me back to stock....with the power addage I'm gonna have after this build, I'm not gonna worry about gearing!

I love my blaster but I have the same problem...My solution is to save up and get a 4 stroke (probably a Raptor). Switching to a 4 stroke will pretty much solve every issue you speak of in this thread. As it was explained to me "Get a 700 Raptor...when you think it wont make it up the hill and you think you have to downshift...it will just keep going and you probably don't even need to downshift." It also has a much longer wheelbase than the Blaster so your wife won't have as many problems keeping the front wheels on the ground on the hill climbs. As for the chain/gearing questions it is always recommended that the chain, sprockets, and rollers are all replaced at the same time so they are all new to prevent odd wear on any of them.