cfm air box installed

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
i love this air box, gives the bike a diff sound over just the clamp on and the bike seems to run better with the box.

2n1wc5l.jpg

2093wuf.jpg

2d7gdg1.jpg

were you able to tune out that stumble that you've been fighting with since the porting/pipe now?

were you able to tune out that stumble that you've been fighting with since the porting/pipe now?

it does seem smoother but i think i need to lean out the pilot a little now, but its does seem better and the band comes on even harder now...me like

nice, i know what you mean by the sound. ive always heard a pod is a biotch to tune, and the box builds velocity

yeah i like it a ton better then the pod, but the box calls for a 2.5" pod but i squeezed my 2.25 on ther no problem

the sound it sweet its like a deep growl

when i took my boys motor outta my bike with the box, and stuck it in his bike with an open stock box, i had to jet his main down 3 sizes, so i would say bump up your main 3? sizes, and that stumble that these 34mm pj's have is caused by the needle, i'm gonna be trying a different soon, suggested by kgibson, he says it made a world of difference, ken oconnor runs a stock 250r needle in his 34 mikiunis and says it works well too

i went from a clamp on to this box, so my jetting will be rich if anything

when i got the pj it had the stock 250r needle in it and did the same thing, so i got a dgj or djg cant remember and it didnt help really

it could just be me but i dont know it seems like it could be a little smoother down low

but i really like the box and i think it will make it easier to tune over just the clamp on

well, needle didnt help?? thats sucks, gonna try one anyway, kgibson says he used a "dgh" and it helped alot, not sure without lookin at the confusing chart to see what them letters mean, but gonna try and give carbparts warehouse a call and see if they have any suggestions , then if not, order the "dgh"
has anyone try'd going to the second notch down, mine really got better when moving from 4th to 3rd, but i'm scared of the 2nd one

i have tried about everything possible needle clips pilots mains all at diff times of course with no change

i am running a 148 main 55 pilot and needle in 3rd clip with air screw like 1 turn out and that seems to be the best i can do

oh, that pilot is way too big, i have a 45 pilot, starts only with the choke on when cold, and 1 kick every time after warmed up, anything bigger and it runs like sh*t and will start without the choke, always, airscrew somewhere under 1 1/2 turns out,
needle 3rd clip, and a 155 main, and plug is still a little lighter colored than i'd like it , may try 1 size bigger main,
look up what jets a stock 250r uses in the 34mm, thats what i did, then went a little smaller on each

I have a 155 main too, but a 35 pilot, about one turn on the air screw. It won't idle with anything much bigger. Starts second kick. Will usually start without the choke, which is good cuz that stupid idle speed/choke assy is almost all the way screwed out. Runs like a raped ape on the mid to top, but I'm not satisfied with the low. It's kinda rough. Not sure how much is the carb and how much is the porting though. Supposed to be a midrange port job.

oh, that pilot is way too big, i have a 45 pilot, starts only with the choke on when cold, and 1 kick every time after warmed up, anything bigger and it runs like sh*t and will start without the choke, always, airscrew somewhere under 1 1/2 turns out,
needle 3rd clip, and a 155 main, and plug is still a little lighter colored than i'd like it , may try 1 size bigger main,
look up what jets a stock 250r uses in the 34mm, thats what i did, then went a little smaller on each

i tried a 50 pilot and the revs hang and has a hesitation

like i stated above the way i have it now is the best so far,

since i put the box on i might try the 50 again and see what that does

but yeah mine runs like royles rips mid to top but rough down low

to royal, that small pilot is why you have to add fuel with that piece of sh*t choke thingy, with the 45 pilot i have that turned all the way down