Case Screw size

sam0840

Aug 16, 2008
Does anyone know what size the crank case screw are? I bought the stainless kit and it says to use different torque specs than OEM. I am praying that I didn't strip the threads on the case because I thought it was a different size thread....

Well I read it wrong so I went to ~7ft lbs. with anti seize applied. one of them popped:( I had a longer one and put that in and it seems to be holding fine now. now that I know what size they are it says to do 4.4 ft lbs with lock tight or anti seize. I really hope I didn't do any major damage to my case. probably should have left well enough alone....otherwise thats going to be one expensive screw.

thanks guys. if that screw holes does seem to be a problem my only solution is to get another good right side case right?

Well I read it wrong so I went to ~7ft lbs. with anti seize applied. one of them popped:( I had a longer one and put that in and it seems to be holding fine now. now that I know what size they are it says to do 4.4 ft lbs with lock tight or anti seize. I really hope I didn't do any major damage to my case. probably should have left well enough alone....otherwise thats going to be one expensive screw.

The reason for the lighter torque setting when Loctite is used is because it acts as a lubricant.

If you pulled 7 lbs with Loctite, in reality it would have been closer to 10 due to lubrication.

So in your opinion whats the best fix if this screw hole ends up being damaged?