carrier

BGATZ

Jun 29, 2011
CT
will any other carriers fit on my 04 blaster haven't rode in over a month having withdrawals like a banshee or warrior my rear end is in shop

Blaster is only a blaster, even tho Banshee axle fits, swingarm ears are different spacing. Why is carrier in shop? And what takes a month?

I blew out the axle bearings. I brought the rear end to my mechenic Just axle and carrier. He was able to get the nuts off but he has tried everything to get the hub off. It's frozen on. He has heated it and used a press. He said he is drilling some holes today. And if that doesn't work he is going to cut it off. I just want to ride lol. eBay is pretty expensive. And it's no guarantee the bearings will be good

I blew out the axle bearings. I brought the rear end to my mechenic Just axle and carrier. He was able to get the nuts off but he has tried everything to get the hub off. It's frozen on. He has heated it and used a press. He said he is drilling some holes today. And if that doesn't work he is going to cut it off. I just want to ride lol. eBay is pretty expensive. And it's no guarantee the bearings will be good

Been here and failed too. Twice actually :eek: Blaster axle I rigged a puller with 2 5/8 threaded rod which deformed the steel of the puller, and heated to dull red. Bought a complete axle& carrier local CL.

Second failure was a warrior axle that was put in a 50ton press :eek: and didn't budge. I cut the sprocket hub about 90% of the way until I started getting into the carrier then kind of spread it with a cold chisel. I also drilled holes for extra PB Blaster. Finally got it off, was able to weld it up and still use it I:I.

Two things: 1. make sure the shop puts anti seize on the splines. 2. Have a grease zerk put in carrier. Some take inner seals off bearings, some don't. If shop is installing bearings tell them they MUST at least pull the seals and pack the bearing with grease. [See thread Where's the grease?