Carburetor

bennie

Oct 4, 2019
Hello...New to all this....Trying to fix a 2001 Blaster...the old original carb would take ages to start so bought an aftermarket carb...no name.It will start with the choke out, but As soon as you try to pull away it dies and its hard to keep it going. it is a stock Blaster we just bought it as is....sorry...

Where did you get your carb at. EBAY It could be a China knockoff carb.
I hate to say it is junk. I got one on my deck as a paper weight.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket or stock carb from any other bike/atv that will have the jetting required by our blasters, no matter what size or make, the jetting is always miles off.
I'd suggest cleaning and using the stock carb, or find another used one on ebay or here.
cheaper is never better, or in this case, not even close.

Reactions: Tankbuster
Where did you get your carb at. EBAY It could be a China knockoff carb.
I hate to say it is junk. I got one on my deck as a paper weight.
I Think that you are 100% Right So l will junk it and get one somewhere Else....Thanks

I think that you are 100% Right....So l will hang it up for Target practice....Thank You...

It has the original jet 32.5.....and the needle is on the 2nd notch...on the original carb....still won't pull away or tick over by itself and cannot use the choke....will never start....But Thanks for the advice....we are beginners.....

we are beginners.

we were all beginners at some time :)

needle on the middle clip position has worked for me on every blaster I've tuned, I hear DMC pipes like the second clip up position to richen the mids, but all others have liked the middle for me