carburetor air screw

If I take it into a shop do they perform a leakdown test to see what's wrong? Because I'm not to good with working on ATVs and I just want it to to run....not t that you guys aren't helping but if its something big I don't want to mess it up...ya think I should maybe take it in and then report back what I needed fixed?

If I take it into a shop do they perform a leakdown test to see what's wrong? Because I'm not to good with working on ATVs and I just want it to to run....not t that you guys aren't helping but if its something big I don't want to mess it up...ya think I should maybe take it in and then report back what I needed fixed?

you could take it in, or you can learn a lil bit and at least see if you have a leak first. It is not very hard to do. I understand it may be allot to take in at first but we have all been there.. Lots of good folks on here willing to help you learn and do things correctly. Also there are videos on just about everything. If you own or plan on owning any 2 stroke one basic thing you should know is how to leak test. You will save yourself tons of $$$ by learning how to leak test and fixing them leaks before it gets expensive. Lots of leaks can be fixed fairly easy and cheaply.

I was looking at a leak down tester and it looked a little pricy at least for me right now...so I was wondering can you make one For cheaper?

I think they sell for around $30-35?? don't quote me on that though. Member Awk08 sells them,, message him for the price. You can make one also for a little cheaper but by the time you figure in gas and the time to go out and get all what you need your prob better off buying one.

they are called vacum plugs/to cap off oil injection nipple.
try to buy the one with multiple sizes in it for like 3 bucks.
so you dont get wrong size/i can post the right size in a bit cuz i still got some downstairs but cant remember the correct size:)

I just dropped my atv off at the local ATV shop and they will get back to me tomorrow to see what's wrong...I will let you all know when I find out

Reactions: speedyslyder
I hope they know what they are doing! I went to my local atv shop for the first time when I started my rebuild. Needless to say they were idiots and I will never go back. Many horror stories of crappy shops, so just be careful and watch out. That's why most here choose to do it there self or ship to KOR. Get that leak tester and check all that you can when you get it back. There are some good shops out there.

I trust these guys they have been in the business for a long time and I know them personally also