carburetor air screw

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
Ho I was just wondering if someone could post a picture in this thread showing me where the air screw is on the stock blaster carb? Thanks for the help

here ya go, the screwdriver is on it in this pic, i suggest a slightly smaller screwdriver

DSCF0208.jpg

here's how to adjust it
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet.51060/

wth ??????

it has the tors box, which should have an idle screw in top under the seat/tank ?

but it also has something screwed in where a tors delete idle screw should be ?

i'm guessing the tors idle screw fell out and someone replaced it with just a bolt ?
thats going to need sealed good possibly with rtv on those bolt threads, thats if the tors brick idle screw is still present on top and working.

and .....whats with the gooey looking shiz at that fuel line connections ?
lose that whole fuel line and fuel filter and just get a new short piece of fuel line running straight from the petcock to carb, no filter needed.

Lol I would assume silicon so it doesn't leak maybe? I bought the thing for $450... All I know is the wire coming from the throttle cover box is cut so it is not connected to anything...and the tors box is still on top of the carb...but is the but with the washer how I would adjust it now?

I see the tors box idle screw, the orange arrow is pointing to it
the green arrow is how you get to it from under the seat on the other side of that frame rail

tors.jpg

Should've done that a lot earlier then lol...can you just give me any info on what I should do to make the damn thing run :mad:...I want to rode it so bad but can't keep it running maybe because of the idle idk?

I know how to locate it and everything but I tried messing with it and I don't think it did anything cuz it still wouldn't stay running

turn that tors idle screw under the seat/tank clockwise to increase idle and see if that helps
and replace that siliconed fuel line/filter with just new fuel line

I will replace the fuel line tomorrow...but even when I have the idle screw anywhere it doesn't stay...I don't think its a problem with that...I think it may be something else

So is the screw the new idle adjuster that the previous owner put in?

it looks like just a bolt, which will not stick in to lift the slide.
pull it out and get us a pic ?
you'll prolly need to buy a correct idle screw at least, if not the complete kit i posted above

OK...I will look tomorrow and post it...if I can't figure it out I might just take it to the shop and say screw it...and just have them get it running perfrct

Oh jeez :D I didn't know it was that cheap....I will buy it tomorrow if j can't get it goin

i say a complete take your carb off is in order.
if you have an overflow tube on gas cap you can temporarily use that for fuel line.
the hose is 1/4in Id=inner diameter.
the pilot jet on that thing is probably dirty as heck as well.
read up on here/take a carb off and get it proper.
carb is also missing the locking tab to secure the cap to stay in place.
the pic i posted earlier to you is a diagram/there is a manual on here as well/free

i see a little gas in line.
but dont see it full of fuel in line?
probably cuz that gas line is sooooo restricedo_O toss it right know and dont run it till its fixed.
choke is not pushed in all the way.
there is an overflow hose missing=easier for dirt to enter/and that is just one side of your carb.
and your overflow hose is facing up/should be pointed towards the groundo_O
also your missing a stator cover bolt which is not going to aid in keeping water out of your electricalo_O

Last edited: