carburetor air screw

PLease post a pic when you get that bolt out,, lets hope the threads are the same as the idle screw.. they may have just bolted a screw in there and not even drilled or taped it who knows. So a pics will help allot. If you got the xtra $20 you should grab the cable and top also and get rid of the brick.. actually I get the screws for like $3 shipped, I will get you the link..

20150102_123035.jpg
I just took out the bolt and that is what's there

This is the other side of the carb speedyslyder...if you notice anything else wrong with that side that would be cool to let me know so I can fix it
20150102_125734.jpg

It looks like there is no threads or meat left in there where the bolt was. It doesn't look like a normal idle screw is going to thread in. Maybe they put the bolt in there for that specific reason? because the hole is to big and the threads are shot so they went back to the tors unit on top.. ??

So is the tors unit my idle adjuster because it doesn't seem to do anything...all that happens is once it starts...it does after a few seconds

the rtv is silicone and although can be used effectively, it is not ideal.

there are a lot of things that can affect idle. carb needs to be clean and adjusted properly. Air fuel mixture needs to be set. engine needs to be air tight. if all those things are met idle can be adjusted properly.

The nipple in the red circle should have a tube running to the oil pump. If the oil pump is deleted and you premix your gas this needs to be capped. very bad to run motor with this open.

that alone will make setting your idle almost impossible.

Alright so I need to cap that...should I use a certain thing to cap it or will anything work really

Yes I do premix 32:1 and I would suppose I could buy caps there...I got to advanced auto parts right down the street or I can go to auto zone which is nearby also

OK...at Least from a starting the ATV standpoint am I in the right area to get it running...my buddies dad is coming over to take a look later today and I don't want him looking at something that isn't even the problem...?

Have you leak tested this motor? Imo there is no reason to go any further until you leak test, you will be chasing your own tail around in circles. Idle will be all over the place with an air leak and you will never get jetting nor idle correct.. Get yourself a leak tester or build one. Do that first and make sure you have no leaks before even trying to tune the carb other wise you are wasting time. not only yours but ours as well.

the blue RTV appears to be on the clutch cover/gasket, not the case halves ?
thats ok as long as it's not leaking trans fluid