carb ?

nd jat

Aug 10, 2008
mandan ND
I know that when changing the carb pepl buy a new throttle cable. My dad has a 28 mikuni in his garage that I can use on the blaster. My question is do I need a different cable to use it? Thx for any posts

You will need the cable used with the TORS eliminator kit. I can get you one for around $20 shipped if you need. If it is a 28 TM flat slide they are a good upgrade over the stock round slide carb. You will be able to use your stock intake manifold but will have to adapt to your airbox or run a clamp on pod filter.

-Brandon

Thx for the response. It's an older mikuni, similar to the stock blaster carb not a flat side. I was thinking it would be a good way to eliminate the tors off the bike. And since my dad had bought it like 20 + yrs ago and has been sitting on the shelf, this would be a good use for it. There are several bike shops around here that might have the cable I need, But couldn't remember how the cable end looked in the tors and if it would work in a carb. Thx again for the responses