carb throttle cable problem

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
i put this in the engine section and it appears no one has any idea whats going on. I bought the oko 28mm carb off ebay and it almost feels like the throttle has excessive resistance, but the cable is free and hooked up correctly. After hooking it up inside the carb, it pops out of the white spring that opens the slide after revving once or twice.. i cant seem to get it to stay in..ill take some pictures so it makes more sense but does this sound like anything?

lol.........dude i had the same problem when i first put on hellboys 30 mm oko on..........and i did hook it up wrong in the slide..........are u sure its in the right way??

is it possible to hook that part up wrong? it has a flat and a round side, it only goes in one way..and the throttle cable slides through the fatter hole and slips into the skinny one keeping it in place.

The cable comes in, there is a spring, then there is a white plastic piece at the end on the spring. The cable end goes into the notch in the slide. Then the spring pushes the little plastic piece down and locks the cable end in the slide with the spring pressure behind it. Look at #31 in this pic. You can click to make it larger. http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams323728/exppwk28.gif

The cable comes in, there is a spring, then there is a white plastic piece at the end on the spring. The cable end goes into the notch in the slide. Then the spring pushes the little plastic piece down and locks the cable end in the slide with the spring pressure behind it. Look at #31 in this pic. You can click to make it larger. http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams323728/exppwk28.gif

yes thats exactly how i have it hooked up but it keeps popping out of the notch..i have no idea why but it does, somethings up

The white plastic cover can be placed in backwords. The plastic cover needs to be inserted so that it covers the ball on the end of the cable.

The white plastic cover can be placed in backwords. The plastic cover needs to be inserted so that it covers the ball on the end of the cable.

^^^^^^^^
What he said.
I think that's it. And make sure the ball end is pressed IN to that little notch.