Carb size

BlasterRacer69

Jun 8, 2016
so I have a fully built KOR built blaster fully drag ported, shaved head, 240 Vito's big bore bored to 73.00mm, +3 Vito's stoker crank, v-force 4 reeds, lightened fly wheel, advanced timing by 4, RDZ big bore drag pipe. I'm having a issue getting it tuned thinking i need a bigger carb I have a 34mm mikuni flat slide running with a 320 just needle all the way down running a little rich but when I go to a 310 jet needle all the way up its leaning out please help thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 203
To me, that carb is pretty small. I run a 217cc ported motor,VForce4 reeds,big K&N filter(no airbox) with a pipe. My carb is a 36 TM and here is my jetting:389 Q-6 needle jet,6FJ40-3(needle in middle),40 pilot summer,45 pilot winter,4.0 slide and of course 3.3 needle and seat, main jet 310 up to 350. Make sure you have 3.3 needle/seat and if your needle jet(big brass) is too lean it won't flow enough for big main jets.

Why did you go from full rich to full lean on the needle? That is too drastic. One step at a time.

I run a 34 keihin on my KOR trail port
I'd say a 38/39mm for your setup, you'll find much more info for keihins than you will mikuni's