Carb Rebuild Problems

qr4life

Jan 26, 2008
I recently rebuilt my carb because it wouldn't idle. Today I went to start it and it wouldn't start. I have taken the carb off and cleaned it many times. I have even tryed using starter fluid but nothing seems to work. The only time it will start is if I let it sit for about 2 hours and then it will kick over run for about 2 seconds and then just die. After taking the carb off for about the 6th time I got it to stay running for about 15 seconds. I really don't know what is wrong. At this point I'm about ready to give up. If anybody has had this same problem please let me know what you did to fix it. Thanks

It's not always the carb, i would check your reeds for any chips or cracks. Then if thats not the problem check the fuel line to see if its clogged. After that check the compression should be above 120psi if its below that such as 80psi then you are looking at having to rebuild the top end. Hope this helps.

Yeah thanks for the advice but I'm pretty sure its the carb because after I let it sit I cxan kick it over and it'll run for a couple seconds and then die out. I think it may be the float or something stupid like that.