Carb Question.

Pwncody

Aug 13, 2011
Somerset, KY
I was just wondering If Im missing any screw's on my carb(Made by Mikuni). I think Im missing my A/F Screw. My blaster dont want to go all out. I can push the throttle 3/4 of the way In and It just bogs down, It act's like It want to go all out but It wont.

2mq3ggg.png

8vsmsz.png

if you're giving it 3/4 to full throttle and it just bogs its either incredibly rich or lean on the main

as for the missing screws i'm not sure i never deal with Mikunis

I think mine Is just the stock carb, I dont mix my gas and oil to rich, I do It 50/50. I think Im missing some kind of screw. And what do you mean by "Lean on the main as"?

looks like they are all there besides the oil injection needs plugged on the right side. Like the last guy said, sounds like way rich or your air filter is super dirty and choking your motor out.

well you said you mix your gas and oil 50/50... If your doing half gas and half oil in a gas can then that may be your problem. I mix 32:1. Basically thats 4 ounces oil to 1 gallon of gas.

He just said he is mixing 1:1. Lmao. You should use 4 ounces of premix oil for every gallon. It doesn't look like you are missing any screws. To check your jets, pull the bottom part off and there is a hex jet right in the middle (main jet) and right next to that a small hole with the pilot jet in it. You will need a flat head screw driver for the pilot. When you get those out clean them with carb cleaner and blow them out, and clean the rest of the carb. Then look on either the sides or the top of the main jet, and the side of the pilot jet and post up what number you see.

Probley shouldnt take the float cover thing off, It was leaking gas around It and me and my buddy put gasket sealer on It.

Oh gotcha. I wouldn't use gasket sealer but it should work for now. Any way did you find out what jets you are using? Also like CARNZ said put up a list of mods so we know if the jets you have in there are correct for your mods.

That's what it should look like. And that's the right jet if you have no mods. Now take that out and clean it out, when you take it out that little plastic "bucket" will come out and part of it is in a small hole, stick a very small flat head screwdriver in that hole and there is a pilot jet in there. Get the number off of that and clean that as well.