carb jetting

@DIRT BOY

Jul 14, 2013
Stoke on trent
hi could anyone tell me what main jett, pilot jett i need and needle clip set at. i have a yamaha blaster with vitos head barrell paul turner pipe k&n filter no lid on the air box with a standard carb. thanx for any help also i did have a needle in the carb with 5n7 stamped in the top which i some how bent and had to replace with a stock blaster needle. thanks

Nobody can tell you exactly what jets you will need. Is it a 240cc cylinder? Is the cylinder ported? You should be ok with stock (32.5) pilot, stock needle, and 320 main. You will be rich on the main though. It's always better to start rich. I would buy a 280,290,300,310, and 320 main jets.

hi yes its the 240cc its not ported and the pilot is 32.5 and stock needle. i have 320 main jet in the carb and the needle is set on the 4th clip. i do have all the main jets from 230 up to 340 i have just had new piston and rebored as it over heated i think the cause was the hole in the carb for the oil feed was not blocked of which made it to lean i have blocked this of now just worried it may still be to lean. i am just running it in at the moment and wanted to make sure it was right so it doesnt happen again. the needle that i changed in the carb was a stock banshee needle 5n7 what diffrence would this make to the stock blaster needle?

The correct jetting can be arrived at by a plug chop!

I believe the stock Banshee needle is leaner, the stock Blaster needle should be better.