Cant start damn blaster

whitebaker44

Jun 11, 2009
alright ill give you as much info as i know of i bought the thing last year used for 800 bucks took a few kick to get it started but it ran anyway it a 93 i think its got wesico piston bored .70 over ( thought that was alot ) its got a lrd rpo exhaust, vforce 3 reeds lonstar + 2 a arms and a t.m. design +4 swingarm has a keihin pj 34 mm carb on it tors are removed run it with a uni air filter and its got a few other aftermarket parts anyways needless to say we took it into yamaha place the engine was ridden hard so it needed a rebuilt got new engine tranny and every cleaned and replace got it back ran it once or twice and i went to go start it up last week and it would kick checked the spark its good little oil on it but clean new gas carb is getting gas like i said tors removed change tranny oil and it just wont start it runs a tad rich but other than that it ran before and now it wont fire any ideas ?

if you said it ran a little rich before, try leaner jets and make sure you have the fuel oil mix ratio right if you pre mix and make sure that your air filter isnt plugged and maybe make sure nothing has made a nest in your pipe if it sat for a while and check the reeds

check compression, and don't believe anything a "dealer" has done...they are still salesmen. No start with everything in good running order probaly would be a broken reed pedal. Happen to me first trip out this year.

Yeah, what jets are you running? Have you tried putting a different spark plug in? Ive been able to see spark on mine, but have fouled the plug and putting a new plug in will make it fire right up.

the reeds are perfect brand new they were closed when i pulled nothing chipped or wore out on em jets im not sure on sizes ill have to take a look and ill let you know i check the exhaust and everything seems to be cleared out nothing from what i could see and yes the whole engine was redone top and bottom as well as the tranny changed the plug a number of times dad even chopped one to check and its right were it needs to be

You said the tors was removed? Are the wires were tors used to be hooked up spliced together? I had this problem.

im guessing so im not sure there are a set of 2 or 3 wires i think are are bundled together sitting under the sit 2 look like the are together the other does not

there should be two wires under the hood plastic that are spliced and then I believe two wires right near the carb mine still has like a plug adapter on them but I dunno if yours would or not.

And have you tryed cleaning the carb? sometimes it something simple. as a clogged jet

still dont know whats wrong the wires look good just like you described and the carb is spanking shiney and clean i dropped it off at the yamaha place and its been up there for a week and half and they dont even know whats going on with it glad im not the only one