Can you paint a atv?

FMFBlaster240

Jun 6, 2010
Indiana
Ya i wonderin if anyone has painted their plastics or rims. If so what paint did you use and about how much did it cost. also i was thinkin about goin all black?

You can paint plastics. I wouldn't advise it if you ride trails though, stuff will hit the paint and make it flake. You will want to put clear on the paint just like on a car to make the paint look better and last longer. I know there is stuff you can use to make the paint more flexible too, I just can't remember what it's called.
Spray painting the plastic will be pretty cheap though.

I painted mine black they were originally white. I used Rustoleum primer and paint. Cost about 6 bucks a can use three cans of each.

ok thanks again guys my quad is yellow and black right now, do you think all black would look nice, and can you paint the rims to?

look at my sig pic (made by kronik) it just depends on the prep and the paint. if you prep good and use good paint it'll last trust me.

Clean the plastics with a ammonia based cleaner then use 200 grain sand paper to get the big scratches out and then finish with 400 grain. then get the dust of with a wet cloth, maybe some dish soap, then use krylon fusion, doubt primer is needed if u use krylon fusion

All black would be sweet, but I have heard from a couple people that it can get rather hot in the sun when you are riding, just a side thought to think about.

i painted mine with krylon fusion washed them 5 times with dish soap presusre washed them sanded them witgh 800 grit sand paper i shoulda went lower prob wopulda worked alot better but i ride roungh trails where i gota run over small trees and tree branch smack them all day long and i got like 5 chips so far that u can only see if u look for but a q tip and put soe paint in a cup dip he q tip i the paint so its not there anymore and so it seals up so it can get worse and np and the chips i got are realy realy tiny the biggest was as big this ( ) probley smaller it holds up great takes like five mins to touch it up and its best to do it after u ride so the paint can cure for about 24 hrs and if u paint them make sure u let them sit for a week so the pain cures ther wise the paint will come right off i let mine sit for 5 days took it for a little ride and had to fix some chips and i ddint even ride threw t many trail let them sit longer and rode threw heavy heavy trails tree branches everywhere and i only had one that was the size of this o i have to say krylon fusion is great stuff i prob shoulda spent more time on prep work cuz my step dad was heping me and he was off work and had to go back soon and i love that paint hers a link to mine after i painted them mabey give u idea for a color scheme to http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/my-plastics-27253/

Check out the posts I have made. I painted both my blasters. 1 full rhyno lined the wheels rhyno lined and hubs painted chrome. The other a few coats of rhyno lineing and a few coats of green for the wife.

i painted mine with krylon fusion washed them 5 times with dish soap presusre washed them sanded them witgh 800 grit sand paper i shoulda went lower prob wopulda worked alot better but i ride roungh trails where i gota run over small trees and tree branch smack them all day long and i got like 5 chips so far that u can only see if u look for but a q tip and put soe paint in a cup dip he q tip i the paint so its not there anymore and so it seals up so it can get worse and np and the chips i got are realy realy tiny the biggest was as big this ( ) probley smaller it holds up great takes like five mins to touch it up and its best to do it after u ride so the paint can cure for about 24 hrs and if u paint them make sure u let them sit for a week so the pain cures ther wise the paint will come right off i let mine sit for 5 days took it for a little ride and had to fix some chips and i ddint even ride threw t many trail let them sit longer and rode threw heavy heavy trails tree branches everywhere and i only had one that was the size of this o i have to say krylon fusion is great stuff i prob shoulda spent more time on prep work cuz my step dad was heping me and he was off work and had to go back soon and i love that paint hers a link to mine after i painted them mabey give u idea for a color scheme to http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/my-plastics-27253/

lmao thats one REALLLLY long sentence right there.I:I

This is cool.I was just about to start a tread asking how well painted plastics held up.Im thinking of doing mine black till I get the money to get all new plastics in black.Black plastics with burnt orange frame.Thats my plan,