Can u mod the std reed cage for improvement

As Far as I know you can buy Upgraded Reeds For the Stock reed cage , But other than that I Don't think you can do much to the Actual Reed cage for Improvements , I could be wrong , Have Been Before !

There are a few out there that do some porting, more like grinding and smoothing. It has been done. I may try it just to compare to Vforces later down the road.

pap has just ported his reed cage and is using some dual stage trenga reeds 1 big pedal instead of the boyessen dual stage little peddals and he cut the divider off in the middle of it huge improvement

pap has just ported his reed cage and is using some dual stage trenga reeds 1 big pedal instead of the boyessen dual stage little peddals and he cut the divider off in the middle of it huge improvement

That is how the rad valve is too one large pedal instead of singles!

there are alot of other mods you can try before you go hacking up your reed cage, intake without exhaust is useless. what are your mods Gsi?

try to get a bigger carb and clamp on filter tht will really open up your airflow and then afterwards if there is not enuf power then try to port your reeds or add vforce reeds

on any mildly built or stock motor There is NO improvement in opening up the reed cage. IVE TESTED THIS THEORY actually believe it or not packing the space around the reed cage will give you more performance. Im with blaner on this one, you can make much more performance doing many other mods then just "porting" a reed cage. heck you notice the intake ports in the piston there no bigger then the reed cage anyway. you make the reed cage larger hows that gonna be any better when the piston windows are now restricting.

on any mildly built or stock motor There is NO improvement in opening up the reed cage. IVE TESTED THIS THEORY actually believe it or not packing the space around the reed cage will give you more performance. Im with blaner on this one, you can make much more performance doing many other mods then just "porting" a reed cage. heck you notice the intake ports in the piston there no bigger then the reed cage anyway. you make the reed cage larger hows that gonna be any better when the piston windows are now restricting.

I agree with you on the other supporting mods , but I always wondered about making the intake side of piston Match the intake port ? , I haven't searched around yet but i always thought about it after i did my own diy port job , Which by the way I've never used

I agree with you on the other supporting mods , but I always wondered about making the intake side of piston Match the intake port ? , I haven't searched around yet but i always thought about it after i did my own diy port job , Which by the way I've never used

I haved seen some do that with the piston but no real follow up that i know of. blaster pistons are already pretty weak on the intake side so making it even weaker isn't in my future

What if they had a bigger bore than stock with the added material on a bigger bore piston , would that not make it some what ( Stronger ) in theory . ?

still too weak for my liking but do what you would like. search the diy's i am sure it's around here somewhere. can't remember the dudes name but his avatar had a pic of his blaster standing up with a rope tied to the grab bar

I haved seen some do that with the piston but no real follow up that I know of. blaster pistons are already pretty weak on the intake side so making it even weaker isn't in my future

Yippers i agree wit ya scot! Give me boysen ports and play with the boost! I:I