Can only idle right on full choke? Im a noob

Well.. dug into the carb today.. Found out that it had a 230 main jet.. i put a 240 in there that i had lying in my tool kit.. i dont want to start it now haha You guys are making this sound scary haha.. I didnt notice that one of my head bolts are on there crooked and it seems stripped... the washer is bouncing around under it and its tilted at an angle thats keeping one side of the bolt on the head..

Sounds like you need to fix the stripped stud first. Your best bet is to do what these guys said. Forget about jetting for now. I know you want to ride it, BUT YOUR NOT GOING TO WANT TO REBUILD IT! Fix the stud first. Then look the whole bike over. If the previous owner left a head bolt like that than who know what the rest of the bike is like. I would check every nut and bolt. Also if your running a stock carb there is no need to run that reed spacer. Take it off and throw it in your tool box. Use it when you need a bigger carb. Use yamabond on sealing surfaces. Then do a leakdown test and compression test. Fix the leak if there is one. Clean carb/set float. Then do your jetting. Do this and you will be able to ride with confidence. You have received some very good advice so please follow it. Do your motor a favor and DON'T BLOW IT UP.

Sounds like you need to fix the stripped stud first. Your best bet is to do what these guys said. Forget about jetting for now. I know you want to ride it, BUT YOUR NOT GOING TO WANT TO REBUILD IT! Fix the stud first. Then look the whole bike over. If the previous owner left a head bolt like that than who know what the rest of the bike is like. I would check every nut and bolt. Also if your running a stock carb there is no need to run that reed spacer. Take it off and throw it in your tool box. Use it when you need a bigger carb. Use yamabond on sealing surfaces. Then do a leakdown test and compression test. Fix the leak if there is one. Clean carb/set float. Then do your jetting. Do this and you will be able to ride with confidence. You have received some very good advice so please follow it. Do your motor a favor and DON'T BLOW IT UP.

X2 on this, i would start with a 290 if your going to run it in that cold azz weather, and larry i said i always thought it cut the air supply off because, on pretty much every othger carb i have worked on besides the blaster there is a lever and when the lever (choke lever) is pushed up it drops a little metal plate down cutting off the airflow.