can i run a rick after market cdi and advance my timing 4*?

Jan 6, 2011
wichita ,ks aka tha 316 or ICT
So i have a ricks after market cdi i bought off ebay and i was going to advance my timing 4*. I've read that the cdi is good for 1*-2* of spark advancement. It seems that would put me at 5*-6* total.Any advice would be kewl, thanx!

P.S. one of my 2 blasters already had an Answer roost boost?

roost boost!!! FTW!!!! lol haha A list of mods done to your machine would help alot.Never had any experience with a ricks cdi.Is it a ricks or ricky stator??

How can i keep my mod list on my post? just keep a copy and paste it every time?

Mods:
pretty aggressive Ported and polished cylinder by me with 4 intake ports/ tripple exhaust ports
ported wiseco piston (wore out bore)
vito's thin base gasket and thin head gasket.
boyesen dual stage carbon fiber reeds
stock head shaved down .025
fmf fatty pipe and dg silencer
uni filter
answer roost boost!!!lol
xado treated gas with 927 and 91 pump gas
only got 120 psi cause of the wore bore maybe exhaust timing?

soon to come mods/parts i have in hand.
ricks hot shot cdi
stator mod @ + 4*
'90 cr125 reeds and .375 spacer
'87 rm125 flatslide carb and twist throttle (in route)or a 34mm mikuni vm round slide off a 90 350l trailboss
new wsm platinum piston
14t or 12t sprocket (have both)

have 2 to build this is just the first

i got a 34mm flat slide you can buy for cheap. off an actual race quad.

also is the CDI a programmable one or just a plug in play.

heres my opinion on timing advances.....
one or the other, not both,
and indirectly told to me, from a factory yamaha engineer.......
"timing is dangerous power"
i want reliable, long lasting motors,
so i'll look elswhere for that little extra ooomph

with your mod list, go to your user cp nad edit signature paste or write your mod list then save and it will be in your signature, and would you mind posting pics of your intake ports please

the cdi is a ricks like they sell on ebay. its plug and play. i thought of just advancing the timing 2-3* to achieve *4-5* overall. i think the roost boost is suppose to do something similar to the advance curve. i haven't ever tried advancing timing on a blaster and have built three that would fly. i just seen it as another cheap power mod on here. i know that nothing is free and expect some loss somewhere. i just want to beat a friends modded 400l 2stoke trailboss and spend less$ than him.

do this, dont advance the timing at the plate. send your head out to be cut, have the jug ported and you will be golden.

4663-piston