Can i drill honda rims to fit rear bolt pattern?

atvrider13

Aug 28, 2011
Alaska,WI
Hi im new to blasters! I have a ton of honda rear rims. I dont want to buy the different hubs that have the honda bolt pattern. The bolt pattern looks really close. Can i drill it out a lil so they fit? Has anyone else done this? and if so , how did it work for you? I also am going to get some warrior , banshee,yfz hubs for a set of 4/115 wheels i have also with ice tires on them.

Better than that, I *believe* you can buy a set of 300ex/400ex hubs and they'll bolt right onto the yamaha spline.

Drilling lug patterns is a dicey affair. Not a bad plan if you have a rotary jaw and a milling machine so you can ABSOLUTELY assure you have the holes lines up perfectly. Otherwise you could get a lug hole off position and have a dangerous situation.

i think the honda hubs have a different spline than yamaha's ???
just heard this from someone this week looking to run honda rims/tires on his dragger,
but thinks they sale a hub with honda bolt pattern but yami splines

but definately report back your findings

they could be drilled offset, if they don't have the cloverleaf cutouts in them,
i also think i saw someone on e2s selling the patterns for drilling different bolt patterns ????
i would not try drilling or reaming an existing hole

Ya i have the cloverlaef honda itp wheels and there isnt enuff meat to even think about doing it. So i tried getting off the rear hubs but no luck. I dont have any rear breaks to hold it or a socket big enough to fit the nut. Its a durablue axle. Why are the nuts so huge???!!! So im letting em soak with some pb blaster and ill try it another day. I do remember i used to have some banshee rear hubs that i tried on my 400ex and they fit but were very loose on it. So i would assume that they wouldnt fit on a blaster. But stupid me i threw them out awhile back thinking id never need them because all i had was hondas. Now i have a blaster

people have reamed holes but best thing is swap holes. if you do stretch the holes they are a pita to get on and off

I did this many years back when funds were tighter. I redrilled rather than enlarging as mentioned above. It was simple, just made sure it was all lined up so there would be no wobble. I staggered the pattern up so that it was exactly in between the existing holes. And when bench testing it all spun evenly at speed.

I scrapped this idea. My wheels have the coverleaf pattern in the center so there isnt enough meat on the rims to even drill it. The balster pattern is so darn small!!