can i adjust this shock any?

blasty 95

May 15, 2011
elkton,va
I'm pretty sure its a banshee shock. It raised it up an inch is there anyway can i drawl it in a little cause it doesn't want to turn sharp anymore.

Last edited:
Raising it up has possibly changed your steering geometry, check your toe in/out.

That shock could be a YFZ 450 dual stage Works, if it has raised you up an inch!

Last edited:
The threads are for adjusting tension on the springs, they are not necessarily going to make them any shorter.

I thought Banshee shocks were the same length, but I have been wrong before today! :)

I seem to remember Banshee shocks being about an inch longer. The adjustment on the springs is for pre-load. Try backing up the adjusters a few spots and see if that helps. Those look like Works shocks. You'll need to compress the spring, remove the clip from under the top retainer and move it up.

So if I try that it should turn right cause I bought them thinking banshees work direct bolt up not effecting the geometry.

Raising or lowering the front will effect the toe in/out geometry.

When you raise, the toe out will increase marginally.

Try an experiment, bounce the front up and down and watch the front wheels toe in/out change.

I like to run 1/8" to a 1/4 " toe out for MX.