Cable break caliper locked up (2002) or older

Where like on the engine, I understand the process. I was just asking where common places don't seal well

green base gaskets and the whole intake/reed block are notorious,
but could also be the head gasket, crank seals on both sides, and case halves where they meet in the center,

Spark plugs sometime can be the cause of a leak, but not often.

The whole intake system from the air filter, and the exhaust at the cylinder must be also leak free.

Alright, I can check and make sure those are clean right now anyways. I'm off to farm and fleet to get some polishing compound and tire slime!

Till I get a new rim or I get the chance to hammer it to perfection. My friend jumped it then whiskey throttled it into my wood pile.

Stuffed er in there. No ramps or nothin, all by myself :cool:
unnamed.jpg

I loosened the handlebars down past the gas tank, it looks like I'm trying to beat a land speed record! I feel like this is going to start to turn into a rebuild with more custom fabbing, should I start a new post?

looks good. sounds good. hope it doesn't get car sick and pee fluids on the carpet of your Yukon....lol

Reactions: Awk08
Fixed it, turns out not having a gasket puts pressure on the spring in the thing that pushes the pad in. I needed to loosen the screws and the right side of the caliper you can see below. I plan on using some nice silicone to seal it all up but it works really well now. I feel bad, I was getting exited... I'm not buying awks break this works well for now with the new pads. The 1 mil or so locked up the break making it unusable lol, still I needed all that cleaning and new pads to make it work.
WP_20140629_20_50_57_Pro[1].jpg

yep, even when adjusting the white "self adjuster" for pad wear, (which never self adjusts) you have to put the lid/gasket on tight to test, then remove to readjust if needed, the cap matters !
glad you're a cable rear brake pro now :)