Brute's rebuild(s)

got front shocks to work with now!

1201101536.jpg

1201101537.jpg

19.125" from eye to eye works triple rates. I will probably need to play with the shock mounts after i get some other things on the front squared away, but they seem to be a great fit!

gonna start getting a little heavier into the build now, getting some dimensions down and starting to get together some needed materials. Also working on getting another rear shock to play with and am trying to finish out the parts for the front (brake setup).

I could use a hand finding some dimensions tho, my swing arm is quite worn in the bushing/bearing area making any measurements i would take inaccurate. If you guys could get me the width of each tube and the ID using calipers/micrometer to the nearest .001" that would be great! (if you just bought a new swinger and you have those tools could you do me a solid and measure it please!) If you know of someone that would have those measurements point me in their direction.

going to order a bearing carrier next week so i can start fab on the swingarm, in the mean time i will try and finalize how im going to tackle the front end (bushing kit would be a good start :S)

longest shocks ive ever seen on a blaster, hope u get them to works. that would be awesome. would you still be allowed in the same racing class with those custom mods? cuz if you did good before, you should own everyone now lol.

oh , i will get them to work :p I might need to internally limit them however to get them to work 100%

My little update for the night, im starting to bring in some little bits and pieces that i will be needing for fab/final assembly. Once i get my sled finished up I will be back on this hard core to finish it up before the snow melts.

This project might take a turn in the engine department later on down the road. Can you say 250 swap? :p

My blaster with the gunmetal frame will probably become just a modded blaster with no custom fabbing (to the frame that is) due to one reason, the frame is an aftermarket unit (no VIN, frame was new and had powder coat options according to the PO). The only one that i am aware of is the one by Rath Racing (according to lasxgames build they have the A/M frame) unless someone else knows about another A/M frame. In short, i dont feel like cutting up a great frame, lol. The Blaster still might get a custom swinger and one off a-arms (if i feel ambitious enough).

Things could get real interesting so stay tuned :p

here's how I intend to deal with the issue of aligning the arms on the build.

iso.jpg

front.jpg

After i get the lower arm mounts done up, these will bolt right to the lower mounts allowing me to put a pin through the 2 plates giving me the proper alignment on the upper mounts so i can fabricate them and weld them in place. I will more than likely tackle this part of the build before i do up the swing arm.

Here's how they will work basically:

frontiso.jpg

reariso.jpg

Last edited:
I just realized that i have never posted any pics of my concept arms for the stock blaster frame. I think only 2 ppl on here have seen them, but since the design is about to be changed i think i can show you guys what i was planning a while back (you might remember my post on finishing up the arms in CADD a while back).

The shock mounts were moved around as i worked with them, but you can see where things were going.

CAD6.jpg

CAD7.jpg

CAD10.jpg

CAD11.jpg

CAD9.jpg

CAD8.jpg

CAD12.jpg

CAD13.jpg

CAD14.jpg

Arms are roughly +5 +1's. New arms will be kept under wraps for a while (means no hints or pics for a bit :p) but eventually i will show them. I do intend on building a set so the CAD work isnt for nothing :p

I was talkin to my bud last night 'till about 3 am, we might have a pretty wicked plan for the frame coming up here. I wont divulge on details right now so you guys will just have to stay tuned and wait :p

Alright, here's a rough rendering of what the intention is with the front of the frame. Dimensions arent set 100% yet, i want to get the original frame into CAD then go from there for the modifications that would be needed. From there i can probably design everything else around the new frame.

Fiso.jpg

Riso.jpg

side.jpg

front-1.jpg

rear.jpg

The lower mounts are now 2.5" apart and the top are moved accordingly to maintain the arm geometry. I will need to play around with the steering stem placement to get rid of as much bump steer as i can.

Talked to my bud again for a while, got some more things sorted out for how to fab some things up and shock locations. Im going to put it this way, the front end of my quad will no longer be blaster, lol.