Broken Throttle Cable

Feb 6, 2014
Florida
Hey guys got the pipe working great my son was so excited rode it around the yard like 3 times and the Throttle cable broke. It broke off inside the housing down by the carb. I pulled the carb and then opened the box that the cable runs into. When I opened it it was all caroded and rusty inside. The cable had rusted and snapped. I just bought this bike used do you know what would cause rust to get inside there. I ordered a new cable but don't want the same thing to happen. Thanks guys for all the help with all my dumb question all the time.

Dan

Get that box "tors" off of there and throw it in the woods as far as you can. :eek:

Rust does not get in anywhere, it is caused by the entry of water or corrosive materials.

If the bike has been exposed to the weather or ridden through water rust will form if lubrication is lacking.

Ditch the tors. If throttle cable rusted, screw and spring are poor, the cable from tors to slide will be next. To bad you spent money on it, could have gone towards a tors elim kit.

Yea wish I would have read up before ordering the replacement cable. Just bought a tors eliminator kit should be here by end of the week. On a good note the pipe added so much power can't keep the front down in 1st and 2nd love it. Bike at least runs with new cable so it is ridable just won't idle ;-)

What kit do you guys recommend the motion or vito kit? I also see there is a moose racing kit. I was goign to order one of the three today. Any advantages to one over the other?

Used Vito's on both Banshee and Blaster. They are all pretty much the same. Just get one that has tap drill and tap included as the idle screw is odd size, 5.5mm. Take your time threading as the carb body is very soft.

He guys sorry have not updated been really busy at work. I have not bought a tors eliminator because I wanted to check with you guys about the kits. IN this motion kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORS-Thrott...Parts_Accessories&hash=item338ba93138&vxp=mtr

it shows a screw in piece that goes on top of the cap. I do not see this piece in the vito kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blaster-tor...Parts_Accessories&hash=item48328dd7a3&vxp=mtr

Is it there and I just can't see it or is it something I do not need?

Last edited by a moderator: