breacking in mx boots

May 26, 2013
immokalee fl
i just purshesed a pair of mx boots and they are to stiff and i have trouble shifthing with them is there any way to breack them in faster
the boots are the fly racing mavericks

move your shifter up a couple notches versus if you weren't wearing riding boots before ?
and walk around in the new boots, even get off and take some short hikes while riding, uphills especially helps as it flexes your foot more.
walking in them breaks them in quicker than just riding alone.

You have to learn to shift moving your whole leg up and down instead of just flicking your ankle

I didn't like riding in my boots at first because of that but u get used to it and now I prefer riding with them

thanks a lot for your info i took them to the track last week and o could not shift worth a dam i had lor a trouble just figuring out the position of the boot on the peg but like you guys sais it will take some time to get used to them

Yea I own the same ones except a lower cut boot. Didn't like them went back to hiking boots. Had them for sale, should of let me know would of gave you a great deal.

Yea I own the same ones except a lower cut boot. Didn't like them went back to hiking boots. Had them for sale, should of let me know would of gave you a great deal.
I've seen them but they did not fit me, and I wanna get more in to this mx thing I have discovered that I like it a lot, guess I gotta break them In because I think is better to have a little trouble breaking the boot it than breaking an ankle

riding boots are for
DIRT BIKES that will hit 100ft triple jumps.
you need to wear them for awhile to get used to the brake and shifter.

if i race a dirt bike or hit triple jumps/ruff terrain i wear them:)
they also help with the heat from some engines as they are very tall up on the lego_O

although i must admit i never wore them riding a 4 wheeler
dirt bike's you are constanly putting your leg out to turn/and your leg is riding on a pipe/hugging a radiator shroud.:)

Last edited: