Boysen rad valve won't fit ith reed spacer?

Blasterman96

Mar 18, 2012
Missouri
Why won't my rad valve fit with a reed spacer, which will produce better power or throttle response the rad valve with stock reeds or the stock reed cage and reeds with the reed spacer?

given that choice, i'd run the stock cage with aftermarket, single petal, carbon reeds and the spacer...
in front of the reeds for more low end, behind the reeds for more top end (actually just moves the powerband up/down the rpm range and offers no performance gains)

i'm not a fan of dual stage reeds (seen too many break prematurely)
and i'm still not buying ......open lid air box, aftermarket filter, larger carb, ported cylinder, better pipe/silencer all to help it breathe better......
but choke it with dime sized openings in the rad valve ??

hm, a valid point there,Glad i saved my old reeds,for the rebuild,i will go back to them,actualy do a side by side test n see what happens,i like the dual stage reeds myself,stock engine tho.
Mod the spacer so it will accept the rad valve?

Awwww come on guys we had this discussion , the smaller opening uses velocity to increase response like stuffing the intake triplecrown and best tried.

Awwww come on guys we had this discussion , the smaller opening uses velocity to increase response like stuffing the intake triplecrown and best tried.

why is it that only this one piece of the pie gets choked/stuffed/constricted but all others get opened up for more flow ??
why not just stay with a stock 26mm carb to constrict the flow ???
why raise and widen the ports when the stock smaller ones should, according to this theory, increase velocity ??