boyseen reeds question

98blaster+4

Oct 12, 2008
vermont
i have had a spare set of boyseend reeds laying around waiting to be put in, they are the superstock single stage reeds for the stock reed cage. when i took my reed cage out it had these reeds in it.picture\/\/
2l9p5rn.jpg

5ehliw.jpg

the big part goes on first with the smaller part overlapping it with a thin crossbar to hold them on. now the stock ones have a metal cage on them to stop the reeds from opening too far right?
are these boyseen power reeds? thats what i believed them to be. i am putting the new reeds on cause the petals stick out away from the cage and i already have them. picture of new\/\/
34pyk4y.jpg

are these super stock better than the ones on it?
do i have to reuse the big part of the old ones or do i just put the neww reed petals on in their place??
please help i wanna go riding tomorow.

kinda look like boyesen pro series that is in it. use only what came with the new reeds and no you dont need the metal thing that stock reeds have to keep the reeds from opening too far. as for how good super stocks are i have no clue but im really happy with my boyesen pro series. they were my first boyesen reeds and i gotta say i was impressed and they are the only reeds i'll ever put on any of my machines again besides my vf3's

those are power reeds, the pro series are carbon fiber? i think the power reeds are ok but every set ive had the little peddles stuck out a little from the big ones. ive heard some people say they prefer the super stock i dont know though, noever tried them personally.

think of it this way, the stock stop is curved and wont make any stress points on reeds. On the bar, it creates a stress point across the reed at the edge. There's a post by phragle around here as a race prep guide and it says use the stock reed stops.