Bought a truck!!

Prime

Jul 11, 2011
Batavia, NY
Finally bought myself a truck yesterday. I ended up buying a '98 Ranger, unfortunately the previous owner "clipped" a highway median last week. There was some front end damage, but nothing that can't be fixed. Especially for how clean this truck is and what it is. It is a 4.0L 5-speed Ranger XLT with 4 wheel drive. These trucks in good condition go for around $2600-$3000 up here. It runs like a top, trans is all good, 4 wheel drive works flawlessly (the previous owner also installed manual-locking hubs, there's a couple hundred I don't have to spend) and for the price I picked it up for, I couldn't go wrong!!! It was originally a Florida truck (came up here in '03) and only has 130,000 miles on it. Here's some pics of the truck, I will put up pictures of the front end after the repairs.

Here's a side view to show how clean the truck is.

And here's a pic of the damage.

Going to pick it up tomorrow!!

sweet score for that price !!!!!
welcome to the ranger club bro, theres a few of us on here with rangers

btw...fordrangerforum.com for all your info needs, kinda like here, good guys and tons of info

sweet score for that price !!!!!
welcome to the ranger club bro, theres a few of us on here with rangers

btw...fordrangerforum.com for all your info needs, kinda like here, good guys and tons of info

Thanks awk ! I'll be sure to join the forum...not sure if I'll need help, but if I do I'll be sure to ask over there. Who all has rangers on here? I remember that you do, but don't remember anyone else.

Forgot to mention, there is very little rust. A small spot above the windshield and that's it. I will be sure to clean it up and re-paint.

i know caseywoods has a ranger too, and i've seen at least a few others mention it that slip my old ass memory

no more excuses for hauling a blasty down here come july !!!!!!

That truck has potential. I like my ranger but I wish it were an extended cab like yours, mine doesn't have much room to put the seat back. Good luck with yours bro !

Finally bought myself a truck yesterday. I ended up buying a '98 Ranger, unfortunately the previous owner "clipped" a highway median last week. There was some front end damage, but nothing that can't be fixed. Especially for how clean this truck is and what it is. It is a 4.0L 5-speed Ranger XLT with 4 wheel drive. These trucks in good condition go for around $2600-$3000 up here. It runs like a top, trans is all good, 4 wheel drive works flawlessly (the previous owner also installed manual-locking hubs, there's a couple hundred I don't have to spend) and for the price I picked it up for, I couldn't go wrong!!! It was originally a Florida truck (came up here in '03) and only has 130,000 miles on it. Here's some pics of the truck, I will put up pictures of the front end after the repairs.

Here's a side view to show how clean the truck is.

And here's a pic of the damage.

Going to pick it up tomorrow!!

NICE score Brutha! Hell it's hard to find a Blasty in good condition for that price!

Hope to see ya at AWKS ride this year!