bought a new truck

02yamaturd

Apr 18, 2010
pa
just thought id share the new blaster hauler i picked up on sunday...it has taken me months to find the exact truck that i wanted and i never thought i would, but after searching i stumbled on this one on craigslist... its a 2000 dodge dakota ext cab...4.7L v8 and its 5spd which is the best part, it has 50K miles on it....only paid 5000 for it, it was a one owner truck, picked it up off of an old man...bed has minimal scratches in it so its never even been used as a truck really, and it doesnt have a hitch which sucks cause i gotta buy one now but it makes me feel good that the truck has never pulled anything...the day i got i went to this place in town called surplus city and picked up a glass pack muffler for it and i stopped at advanced auto and got a k&n filter for, put the exhaust on and dumped it out the passenger side in front the the rear tire and it sounds nasty...anyway enough of me rambleing on...heres some picks...thanks for lookin

truck.jpg

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

aww. that dodge might go 50 more miles before it breaks down. just kidding. i am a chevy guy 100% but my dad had a 99 dakota v8 and 5 speed. theyre pretty quick

aww. that dodge might go 50 more miles before it breaks down. just kidding. i am a chevy guy 100% but my dad had a 99 dakota v8 and 5 speed. theyre pretty quick

hahahaha, ive got a little ext cab s10 that my blaster fits in the back real good. nice looking truck yamaturd I:I I:I

nah itll be a good truck, and ive had my share of fast sporty cars so it dont really matter if its quick... got the truck so i can pull the quads, my boat, or my camper...and do some mudriding everyonce in a while...

The only thing wrong with those things is their front ends suck.

Dodges in general just have crappy front ends. My GF has a 99 Dakota 4WD and it has 89k miles on it and weve had to replace every ball joint, tie rod, and several bushings under there.

Other than that, they seem like theyre great trucks.

dodges blow imo. chevys and gmc ftw my 87 k15 has 120k and fires up front end needs nothing. but nice truck

it is a tight truck ...Im bout to pick up a lowered s10 5 speed tomorrow . . dude guvung me a hell of a deal and mad exra parts.. plus all the parts are life time warrantied at auto zone so if something breaks i can just have my dude go pick it up in his name and its free so thats kick ass ill post some pics tomorrow when i get it..

just thought id share the new blaster hauler i picked up on sunday...it has taken me months to find the exact truck that i wanted and i never thought i would, but after searching i stumbled on this one on craigslist... its a 2000 dodge dakota ext cab...4.7L v8 and its 5spd which is the best part, it has 50K miles on it....only paid 5000 for it, it was a one owner truck, picked it up off of an old man...bed has minimal scratches in it so its never even been used as a truck really, and it doesnt have a hitch which sucks cause i gotta buy one now but it makes me feel good that the truck has never pulled anything...the day i got i went to this place in town called surplus city and picked up a glass pack muffler for it and i stopped at advanced auto and got a k&n filter for, put the exhaust on and dumped it out the passenger side in front the the rear tire and it sounds nasty...anyway enough of me rambleing on...heres some picks...thanks for lookin

Nice looking truck. I have a 3rd gen Dakota, and while its great for hauling around the Blaster, I'm not crazy about the truck overall. Interior is cheap in my opinion, and like Luni stated below, the front ends do suck, at least on mine. I've had to replace quite a few parts on the front end already on an '05 . I can't speak for the older gen's though, as I've never owned one. My dads '99 Ram seems to be holding up alright, minus some rust on the body.

The only thing wrong with those things is their front ends suck.

Dodges in general just have crappy front ends. My GF has a 99 Dakota 4WD and it has 89k miles on it and weve had to replace every ball joint, tie rod, and several bushings under there.

Other than that, they seem like theyre great trucks.

I think a 92 or 93.. lol i aint buying nothing NEW NEW cant have all that crazy electrical mumbo jumbo that you dont really need any ways.. Ill be going to get it here shortly ill put some pics in my profile... and let ya know what year..