borns needs a little help before his head pops!

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
here we go

toomey pipe 330 main stock pilot needle in 3rd clip air/fuel screw 1.5 out

problem:

has absolutly no bottom to mid falls flat on its face anywhere below WOT like the spark/fuel just cuts off and has to run with the choke half out.

here is what we have messed with:

cleaned carb
bigger pilot
needle 2nd 3rd and 4th
reeds are good
pulled fly wheel off today everything looks good there

please help before sborns goes off the deep end :eek:

petcock clean ???? coil or cdi shorting out at certein rpm, wires rubbed/chaffed somewhere ????
swap coil/cdi/stator from your bike, one at a time

i'd check the coil wire, sounds like maybe it's not making good connection somewhere, till the voltage goes up with the rpm's ????
a cdi and coil could both be doing something like this not working at certain rpm's
swap 'em out
i'm assuming you definately know the carb is clean and proper???

also, i cased a big double once, hit so hard it bent my floats, i chased my tail for weeks, never thinking of the carb or floats cause i just rebuit it
finally found the floats way outta spec, filling the bowl too much, and running way rich at 1/4 to half throttle only, would fall on its face as described, almost bog to dead, then pic back up, but idled fine and ean good at wot
check that float level

Reactions: sborns
also, i cased a big double once, hit so hard it bent my floats, i chased my tail for weeks, never thinking of the carb or floats cause i just rebuit it
finally found the floats way outta spec, filling the bowl too much, and running way rich at 1/4 to half throttle only, would fall on its face as described, almost bog to dead, then pic back up, but idled fine and ean good at wot
check that float level

never thought of that thanks awk will be sure to check that out

stock carb...20 - 21.5mm from where gasket sits (with it removed) to top of float
34mm pj ....16 - 18 mm
others will have to be searched for

i actualy cut bout 1/8in off the end of the coil wire i got good spark yet. and now that you mention bending the floats after you cased it its damn near what happened to me right before it started acting up.

check that float level and report back private sborns

news from the front line. i pulled the stater cover off just for the hell of it and found my flywheel loose pulled it off by hand and found my key split and i just checked my floats. i am working on uploading the pics now. and scot its actualy an FMF shirt look up in dennis kirk, parts unlimited, RMATV,etc. they got a couple good ones

good troubleshooting private borns, hopefully thats the problem!!!!!

eqcxaa.jpg

11vo9k7.jpg

15ewnx0.jpg

4lnfi1.jpg

damn thing is me an YB took out the stater and cleaned the edges and inside of the case. their was a little bit of rust on the magnets and ends of the stater

like yb pointed out i haven't touched a thing. the key was my fault i didn't tighten it enough and sheared and i never touched the floats. i cant find any where i can get an air leak.it doesn't act like an air leak i may end up pulling the needle and seat and seeing if the needle has a groove letting too much fuel in. if anything else i may just tear down and see if i missed anything. i'm outa ideas any other ideas or tips will be greatly appreciated.

got everything back together again and runs just the same. think we may start swaping parts some time this week mabie.