boost bottle?

MaddMatt

Mar 3, 2012
andrson sc
sup peeps? i know the boost bottle for the blaster dosent really do anything because its a single cylinder engine.....however, they look pretty badass...does anybody know where to find one??? i have only found one that has been discontinued...i also know that vito's makes (or made) them...does anybody know if they if u can still get one? thanx -matt

All right, boost bottles work, if they are made right, but most of what I see for sale on the internet are garbage.
The stock boost bottle on the DT200 was 250cc capacity bottle, 8mm id line about 20 mm long that I recall. Make a boost bottle like that and it will work.
If you put 12" of line on it and mount it somewhere convenient you are fooling yourself.

Triplecrown and I haven't got around to boost bottles yet but I am looking at a 800cc bottle, 12mm id line about 16mm long. Bottle has to be rigid.

Experiment and tell us what works best.

it's a waste of time and a potential air leak , why not just buy a big can of Monster , hose clamp it somewhere and run a hose from it to somewhere . save the 10 bucks and put it towards something useful ... just my .02

So what exactly does a boost bottle do? It dosent actually boost the engine like Nos Or actuall spray, does it?

So what exactly does a boost bottle do? It dosent actually boost the engine like Nos Or actuall spray, does it?

No , what boost bottles were designed for , was to smooth out dead spots just off idle and coming off hard throttle and the closing of the carb slide , it gave the air/fuel mix that's pushed back up the intake somewhere to go other than sitting crushed against the back side of the carb slide , this wadd of air/fuel would cause poor acceleration and jetting issues . Mind you this system DOES work , but not with engines with reed valves . The reeds don't fully prevent all the air/fuel from being pushed back , but prevents most of it , so the intake tract is clear and there isn't that wall of air stumbling around causing air/fuel delivery problems . Now if you were to design a reed spacer block , that was tapped and the boost bottle was plumbed into that so the air/fuel mix had a path to travel into and subsequently back into the cylinder , it would be a better system as that bottle would constantly be full of somewhat pressurized air and fuel and be available to be used as a " bridge " during those times that the engine may be on that off idle or just off hard throttle and say on a down shift and getting back on the power again .
Even if it did work , you'd probably never notice it because of how minute the difference would be , you would at best notice it as being a crisper throttle response and minimal bogging , but only if you are jetted correctly .

kool beanz....thanx for the support peoples...and as far as the can of monster goes....im more of a redbull kinda guy myselfI:I thanx again everyone