Boggs and wonte idle

dkomarek

Mar 11, 2008
Hey everyone, I need help!!!!

My blaster boggs down when I put a load on it, and it refuses to idle when I start it. I think it might be in the carb tunning or lack there of. Also some times when I kick it, it back fires on me, which is why I think it might be in the carb, or the timing. I was hopping that someone could give me some tips to help wake it up. Here is a list of some of the mods I have done. Any help would be appreciated.I:I

Vitos 240 +.10
Vitos +3mm stroker
Mikuni 35mm tmx carb (I know, an Air Striker would be better, but this is what I have to work with)
ricky stator adj timing 75W stator
Old Factory 7 style head pipe (not really sure of exact brand)
FMF power core 2 silencer
V Force Reeds
Boost bottle

That's about it that I can think of, please help me!!!!:(

Before I locked the crank up, and had to do a rebuild. We bored it out, most of the stuff listed above are new mods, other than the fact that it was a 240 before it blew.

I also failed to mention that I added an aftermarket air box.

So this is the first time you ran it with the carb...
What's your timing set at.

Did you get it ported to match the new crank? I hope so!

Is it detonating..Make sure it's not

Check your jetting

It's not a professional port job, but yeah we did our own porting and polishing.

And we have tried putting some different main jets in, but it hasn't made a diff, I was hoping that someone could give me some specifics on what exactly I should try, or combo of things, as far as the carb goes, I.E. size of jets; main, pilot, ect, needle position, air/fuel mix screw position, that sort of thing.

It's not a professional port job, but yeah we did our own porting and polishing.
And we have tried putting some different main jets in, but it hasn't made a diff, I was hoping that someone could give me some specifics on what exactly I should try, or combo of things, as far as the carb goes, I.E. size of jets; main, pilot, ect, needle position, air/fuel mix screw position, that sort of thing.

Yeah but did you change the port timing? (Like move the port ceilings and floors any)

I'd try doing a plug check unless it won't accelerate at all? and go from there..

Wish I could help you more Matbe try talking to the technical support people at Vito's if they have any...