Bodyshopmike 01 Blaster build & upgrade

Props for armyboyjared. He has a left fender he is sending me. Headed to my buddy's shop Thursday to get my Banshee hubs, 05 axle carrier, Banshee axle & stem to prep for paint. Stripped everything from the frame and taking it to a sandblasting shop to strip it and prep it for paint tomorrow. Will post pics after I have everything ready for primer. A big thanks to all who have been helping and support.

Reactions: armyboyjared
And here are the pictures
xbizqu.jpg

Great looking Boxer I have one myself. Great dogs! Bike is looking great also

Props for armyboyjared. He has a left fender he is sending me. Headed to my buddy's shop Thursday to get my Banshee hubs, 05 axle carrier, Banshee axle & stem to prep for paint. Stripped everything from the frame and taking it to a sandblasting shop to strip it and prep it for paint tomorrow. Will post pics after I have everything ready for primer. A big thanks to all who have been helping and support.
thanks Mike, itll be in the mail tomorrow. Glad to help a bf brother.

Last edited:
I have been swamped at work and just got back from vacation so it's time to start again. No real progress so no new pics yet.
We'll still trying to scrape up the last few parts to start the rebuild. Let me know if anyone can help.
Fender stay part #2XJ-2153-00-00
FMF Powercore 2 silencer
A straight set of aftermarket handlebars
Anyone have a wrecked 03-06 frame. I need a bracket off of it before I can start painting. It's the rear brake master cylinder mount. I want to weld that bracket to my 01 to make it look as factory as possible. Already talked to AWK and he doesn't fab anything for the factory swap over. Let me know if anyone has anything. Oh I did happen to stumble across a FMF Fatty for $45.00 and just waiting for it to arrive so I can try the aluminum foil cleaning technique.
Thanks guys,
Mike

Well I picked back up on the rebuild. After sandblasting all the frame, arms, swinger and all other parts, I sprayed everything with self etching sandable primer, 3 coats of color and 3 coats or clear. I have installed the 04' hydros on the front and back (I got the right rear frame piece of a 03-06 frame from youngguns racing so the pedal spring and hydros would bolt right up and welded it in place), 04 rear bearing carrier with new bearings, new wheel and swinger bearings, Banshee front shocks, 400EX rear shock with KOR conversion, had the cylinder deglazed then ported and polished it myself (thanks to Ken's videos), installed new rings on the stock piston, new crank seals, Hinson clutch basket, all new Cometic gaskets, Boysen reeds, TM oil-block off kit, Banshee rear axle and hubs, Banshee wheels all the way around and polished the lips, ITP holeshots on the rear and the original Dunlop's on the front, FMF Fatty, Renthal bars and Pro Taper pillow tops off of fee bay, I have just ordered a new FMF powercore2 silencer, FMF jetting kit, TORS delete kit and this should pretty much be the final pieces of the puzzle to fire it up after I preform the leak down test. I am still looking for some gently used nerf bars (hint, hint). There may be more that I have missed but I have been in and out of town so much over the last year I have finally got back to it, but I guess that can all end if I get the dreaded call from work.

Thanks again to everyone on here for all of the priceless help and suggestions.

DSC01902.JPG
DSC01903.JPG
DSC01904.JPG
DSC01905.JPG
DSC01906.JPG
DSC01907.JPG
DSC01908.JPG
DSC01909.JPG

DSC01902.JPG
DSC01903.JPG
DSC01904.JPG

lookin good, I like the gunmetal grey (?) with the deep red !