BMX handlebars?

2strokebeater

Jul 4, 2011
Belle Vernon, pa
I bent my msr bars so I had a old set of bicycle handle bars layin around I have seen it done and a little more hight would make for a more confortable ride. What are your thoughts???

i dont know about strength, those bmx dudes do some crazy sh*t

but i can see it now...................ape hangers !!!!!!!!

harleyapehangersbarstool.jpg

id rock em for a while i mean hell there not gonna bend from turning and if you crash it most likely it owuld bend any bar.

if they look okay id do it. also i got renthanol bars you can have for 10 and shipping.

Awk got it again. I say do ape hangers. Just don't hit any jumps, turn too sharp, hit too many bumps in a row, or well theres lots of things that could mess you up. Haha and I would say that the tubing isn't the problem. It's the weaker welds. If you plan on jumping, I would say buy actual wheeler bars. And height isn't as nice as you think it is. I have CR High Bends on my LTZ and it is a pain when turning.

the biggest problem you have with bmx bars is clamping space i have a few sets of bmx bars my self from my bmx career as far as tought goes they are just as strong if it rolls all bars are going to bend lol