Blasty wont start

militaryblaster

Oct 30, 2008
St.Louis
It usually tries to start and it usually runs for a few seconds then dies. The carb is clean, gas is good, fuel runs through the line to the carb. I think its fualty wiring. It has good compression. Any ideas? :-/ (I meant to post this in general support)

yea try removing that tors, you said it has spark? maybe adjusting the carb airscrew..

T.O.R.S. is removed. It will run for a few seconds and sounds perfectly fine then just bogs out and dies. I have no clue whats wrong with it. I is kinda oily around the cylinder but my exhuast doesnt seal good. Should I try a new cylinder and head gasket? I have fmf exhaust, should it have a gasket between it and the cylinder? My clutch is bad but that shouldnt have anything to do with it.

I`m leaning towards it being faulty wires or bad gaskets. I`ll check the compression again and see what it is. I sold my YZ85 so I really need to get this running again.

get a new coil, nology are good ones, ebay, and yes you do need a gasket between the exhaust and cyl., a lot of people don't run them but you should, was tors removed correctly? brain and all? when was the last time you did a plug chop? it could also be a faulty choke assembly to where the choke is not disengaging. trial and error will get this fixed

The TORS is removed the same as 90% of people on here. My choke is messed up, it wont stay on so you have to hold it out and kick if you want it choked.

WELL........I wiped off the ground on the ignition coil alil better and she fired right up! hopefully thats all that was wrong with it. It better keep running.